scope mounts

Hi can any one help me i have a sharp innova airgun and bought a loverly scope, off one of lads on here (he was a pleasure to buy off by the way) i then went to my local gun shop and bought some hawk scope mounts to go with it the only thing is the mounts dont fit the gun as the barrel is too round where the scope rail is and the mounts will not clamp on can any one tell me where i can get mounts to fit thanks regards oudoorsman.

Hi, I had a similar problem with wrong mounts, think because I went for the cheapest set I saw on the web. Spoke to Alan Rhone Ltd up near Chester, they deal with the Recknagel mounts and can fit pretty much any size scope to most rifles. Been using mine now for 3 months and still accurate as ever. Haven't got a number sorry, but that's what Google's for.

Hope this helps you out.

• 2 weeks later...

just a tip - your best off spending decent money on something quality which will last 10 years, than spending little money on 10 pieces of crap which only last 1 year.

get as good a scope mount as you can, trust me it's worth it. find a good gunsmith to fit it too, then you're set.

kev x