Good night foxing With 17HMR

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put pics up later

where did you hit them head,chest?what distance were they? i have hit a few with my 17 hmr with v max rounds,17 grain but have not stopped them.

well thats good fox control,so another hit fox has to suffer,

have you herd of the wright tools for the wright job.

does my head in going round blasting the country side to peaces.

Why not let things breed,i no they need controlling,

JUST CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND IT

rant over

I'll put pics up later

where did you hit them head,chest?what distance were they? i have hit a few with my 17 hmr with v max rounds,17 grain but have not stopped them.

rant over

No one said anything about going round blasting the country side to peaces dont no where you got that from?the fox that i shot and didnt stop was quickly caught and dispatched accordingly if you want to have a rant go elsewhere dont want hear it.what you talking about let things breed? cant get my head round it.rant over!!!! go join the anties :feck:

Edited by fox head

Hornady 17gr. Blue tips.

i shoot both blue tip and red tip no difference same make same bullet just a different color apart from gun shops charging extra for red tipped any one tryed the 20 grain :hmm:

Edited by archiekale

went to buy some blue tips today and was told cci have now run out of blues so now have to pay the extra £2.50 for red tips ..fair enuff i suppose , get half way up the road and my mate says 'these are blue tips!!' back to the shop we go lol

apparantly the blue tips where made for the mach2 but seeings it is not a well used round they decided to use up all the blues on the vmax hence why you get odd colours on the tips occasionaly.

we got some FMJ's to try tonight for foxes :)

i noticed 223 rounds where cheaper then i thought £55 for 50

Guest john5

I'll put pics up later

rant over

because if they are dead then they wont breed and cause damage

20grains shot throu my 17 with great results when i had it ,and my 2 mates have no complaints,to this day. :thumbs:

i payed £19.50 per 100 17hmr reds or blue there still the same they shoot the same iam led to belive 20 grain are different bullets

In 2004 Hornady expanded their line of .17 HMR cartridges by offering a second load using a 20 grain XTP bullet (SD .097) at a MV of 2375 fps and ME of 250 ft. lbs. Zeroed at 100 yards, this bullet will hit 3.2" low at 150 yards, according to Hornady figures. This bullet equals the SD of the 34 grain .22 WMR bullet. It is a controlled expansion bullet designed for small game hunting, rather than a frangible varmint bullet like the 17 grain V-Max bullet

this

is a good link http://www.chuckhawks.com/17HMR.htm:thumbs:

Edited by archiekale