ferret food

is there eny point spending loads of money on fancy ferret food or can i use shot rabbit or dog food ?

rabbit is fine [bANNED TEXT] dog food a no no i used to feed mine on dried cat food, but now i feed them on alpha dried ferret food, also give them ox kidney as a treat. never had any problems, :thumbs:

why have you taken ferret's on if you are worried about the cost an upkeep of them.

i am not at all worried about the upkeep i use ferret food now and there have never been eny problems i was just wondering what other options there were and what other people feed there ferrets my dad has kept ferrets for years but he is OLD FASHOND so i wanted to know what other people thought .

Edited by chrisnbish

why have you taken ferret's on if you are worried about the cost an upkeep of them.

i am not at all worried about the upkeep i use ferret food now and there have never been eny problems i was just wondering what other options there were and what other people feed there ferrets my dad has kept ferrets for years but he is OLD FASHOND so i wanted to know what other people thought .

you say your father has kept ferret's for year's so you should know the other option's to feeding your ferret's.

you say your father has kept ferret's for year's so you should know the other option's to feeding your ferret's.

i am only trying to see what other people feed there ferrets my dad has had a diet of ferret food for a long time so i was wondering if there was eny other options. this forum is a really good learning tool for me and i like to see what other people have to say about diffrent things.

Rabbits, ferret food,(alpha is best) pidgeons,crows, squirrels, pheasants, bits of venison, liver, eggs, mince,some fruit and veg, mackrel, fish heads,

Basically whatever they will eat that wont poison the wee buggers.

ATB