New to semi auto's / Advice please

Hi all :D

As a newbie to semi auto's , i was just wondering if you guys release the hammer before storing the gun , or do you leave it cocked.

On my o/u i use snap caps , but with my SX3 i dont know what to do. A friend at work suggested that i put a spent cart in the barrel and use that to release the hammer , but i'm not so sure as i think i read somewhere that its better not to use this method ,

Regards ,

John :unsure:

Hi all :D

As a newbie to semi auto's , i was just wondering if you guys release the hammer before storing the gun , or do you leave it cocked.

On my o/u i use snap caps , but with my SX3 i dont know what to do. A friend at work suggested that i put a spent cart in the barrel and use that to release the hammer , but i'm not so sure as i think i read somewhere that its better not to use this method ,

Regards ,

John :unsure:

John, don't leave a spent cart in your gun, if you feel you must fire it of why not use a snap cap?

Never ever use a spent cartridge its asking for a serious accident to happen.

Make sure the gun is empty and just pull the bolt back a little, 1/4" and then pull the trigger to unload the firing pin spring, then let the bolt go forward again.

Job done and thats what most of the manufacturers suggest.