my first permission gained : )

well, got to my friends yesterday to go to his permission, which is 3 fields with 2 horses in them. he'd just got his synthetic HW97KT back from v-mach and needed to zero and get familiar with his 3-9x40 leupoldicon_eek.gif scopes so we spent most of the day just plinking etc until his groups tightened, and I was hitting golf ball sized targets at 39 large paces with a mil-dot and a quarter hold-over. Now, he had a crazy idea of trying to lamp rabbits with a Maglite! so as it got dark we set about it and you guessed it, FAILED. Miserably. even knowing where the hotspots were, we didn't see a thing. so it was off back to his for a pot noodle and some kip to get ready for a fresh start today. earlier in the day, whilst zeroing, we'd seen rabbits around some warrens that were about 3 feet the other side of the fence that was the boundary to his permission so had to let the lucky sods bethumbdown.gif.

So, back out this morning and i went to stake out a large mound of gorse and grassland etc for a while.

post-54926-0-06417300-1306704160_thumb.jpg

not a lot happened around there, apart from the horse that came over and started eating my small amount of cover!! so I climbed up on top of the mound as my friend had told me he'd had some luck picking them off as they emerged from the greenery up there, while he went round to the left of the end off the hill to scope out the lower field where we'd scared a kit off on our way up. Whilst i was atop my mound, i saw movement next door, where some people are having a house built and realised they weren't wearing hard hats so they must be the owners, so i slid down the hill on my arse, got my mate and suggested we go and see if they'll let us shoot the rabbits we'd seen yesterday, got round there and the woman, who was working on the small-holding which was left over on the land sold to her by the woman who'd given my friend his permission, told us to pretty much fill our boots and pointed us in the direction of another troublesome area on her property!toast.gif We then left her to it as she had her children helping her and got out of the way down in the corner we'd seen rabbits on yesterday, which looked like this.

(sorry, don't know how to add any more pictures to this post)

my god im failing at getting these pictures on!!icon_redface.gif

post-54926-0-41881400-1306708057_thumb.jpg

We're allowed to shoot all the land in the background and another small field just off to the left past where you can just make out some veg patches & chicken coops, with potential of another three fields once my mates neighbour has had a word. only had time for a couple of shots each when we got settled which we both missed a!e wind was really starting to pick up, then my mate had to return back under his missis's thumbthumbdown.gif so off we went. gonna have a better look around next weekend and maybe camp. yet another day where i've been out, shot nothing, and still come home feeling on top of the world, hopefully this'll be my last bagless day for quite a while! watch this space. (fingers crossed) cheers for reading guys.

Darren.