Winchester SX3 owners / reassemble advice needed / please

Hi all :D

As i havn't cleaned my sx3 properly for about 6 months , i thought i'd give the bolt assembly a good clean as well.. I have never done this before , so i stripped the gun down and pulled off the bolt handle. The whole bolt unit just slid out easily.

The problem is reassembly. When i try to slide the bolt assembly back into the action the black plastic linkage rod keeps getting stuck on a plastic hook that is part of the trigger assembly that sticks up inside the action and stops the bolt assembly dropping into place. It doesn't move downwards only upwards , therefore creating the problem.

I am not very confident or handy about stripping things down and putting things back together , but i have a feeling that the only way to put things back into place is to tap out the trigger pins , which hold the trigger unit into place.

As i've already said , i am not at all confident and would rather take the gun back to the gunsmith rather than start tapping pins out. I also havn't really got any appropriate tools for this job either.

All i really want to know is , can i somehow get the black linkage rod over the obstructing trigger hook without tapping out any pins and probably making thing even worse ,

Regards ,

John :angry:

Here's a couple of photo's , the first showing the black hook thingy , that is stopping the linkage rod from sliding down

today002-2.jpg

today003.jpg

As i havn't cleaned my sx3 properly for about 6 months , i thought i'd give the bolt assembly a good clean as well.. I have never done this before , so i stripped the gun down and pulled off the bolt handle. The whole bolt unit just slid out easily.

The problem is reassembly. When i try to slide the bolt assembly back into the action the black plastic linkage rod keeps getting stuck on a plastic hook that is part of the trigger assembly that sticks up inside the action and stops the bolt assembly dropping into place. It doesn't move downwards only upwards , therefore creating the problem.

I am not very confident or handy about stripping things down and putting things back together , but i have a feeling that the only way to put things back into place is to tap out the trigger pins , which hold the trigger unit into place.

As i've already said , i am not at all confident and would rather take the gun back to the gunsmith rather than start tapping pins out. I also havn't really got any appropriate tools for this job either.

All i really want to know is , can i somehow get the black linkage rod over the obstructing trigger hook without tapping out any pins and probably making thing even worse ,

Regards ,

Here's a couple of photo's , the first showing the black hook thingy , that is stopping the linkage rod from sliding down

today002-2.jpg

today003.jpg

Don't know if this will help at all, don't have the gun but want one but when l was looking for video reviews on YouTube the other day l came across these 2 videos of take down and assembly.

cheers Callum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7wzy6WzIE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW04Qvokxls

I've the 8 shot version but this hasn't happened to me before, sorta same thing happened on my old auto, try pushing the hook down, like apply pressure in a clock wise direction if this makes sense, like push it forward so as it push's down and it should click into place. Hope this helps,

ATB

Regards ,

today002-2.jpg

today003.jpg

Don't know if this will help at all, don't have the gun but want one but when l was looking for video reviews on YouTube the other day l came across these 2 videos of take down and assembly.

cheers Callum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7wzy6WzIE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW04Qvokxls

Thanks for these Callum , most usful