Fox terrier

Any body work these dogs or they just for show...judging by their name they obviosly were worked once. Ive heard the breed isn't doing so well either :icon_eek:

They still use them for fox and boar on the continent.I don't know of any worker's over here,although i know an old fella that rat's wi his on his smallholding,but hey you could rat with anything to a certain extent.

Another breed ruined by the showing fraternity. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I wouldn't have much faith in one with a jaw that weak.

Surely these people have to be able to see that what they are doing is completely immoral and sick. They are purposely breeding dogs with serious faults such as fox terriers with fox terriers. Bulldogs that have heads so big that 90% have to be delivered by caesarean section. German shepherds that are riddled with serious hip problems because someone thinks its nice to see that downhill stance.

A lot of these same people will criticise us for using our dogs to do what they love, and yet they will quite happily consign a naturally active dog to a life or misery locked up and not allowed to run around in case they get dirty.

In my opinion that is far crueller than a dog getting a nip on the nose or a couple of scratches doing what he loves.

• Like 1
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Spot on, Points :good:

Actually, Bona; I did know a man who had a wire haired 'Fox Terrier'. Total KC thing. His Dog loved nothing more than to hunt up and flush out foxes from above ground, then chase them for miles. Basicly, 'Bushing', as we'd know it.

It would - he explained - go to ground after them too, of his own volition. Where the earth proved big enough! But, as he said; " Oh, f*ck him. I don't worry about it. He always comes home again. "

Hmmm. And somehow I suspect it wasn't after finding and slaying his quarry below ground either :no:

Any body work these dogs or they just for show...judging by their name they obviosly were worked once. Ive heard the breed isn't doing so well either :icon_eek:

they re still doin the job, y can find some good one in central europe, i ve got some friend s which work them regularly, both variants.

here s the pic of my friend s bitch, he did with her arround 50 foxes and few badgers.

DSC00024.jpg

motherfoxterrier.jpg

foxterrier.jpg

Guest foxtrack
Spot on, Points :good:

Actually, Bona; I did know a man who had a wire haired 'Fox Terrier'. Total KC thing. His Dog loved nothing more than to hunt up and flush out foxes from above ground, then chase them for miles. Basicly, 'Bushing', as we'd know it.

It would - he explained - go to ground after them too, of his own volition. Where the earth proved big enough! But, as he said; " Oh, f*ck him. I don't worry about it. He always comes home again. "

Hmmm. And somehow I suspect it wasn't after finding and slaying his quarry below ground either :no:

who knows what happens underground :hmm:

There is still some about that are not KC spoilt, there is someone who works them round here only seen them going once but they gave 110% these are farm bred dogs that are kept for work and nowt else. I think this is the only hope for lots of working breeds are these little pockets of real dogs that KC cant get there hands on :yes: