bitch wants off pups

since yesterday all she has done is scream at the door to be out, she even lies away from the in her room, nothing in her routine has changed and she is secluded away were its quiet, she just doesnt seem interested in them, she is still feeding them just as soon as you open the door she darts out and doesnt want to go ack in with them.......

any ideas on what could of upset her

Keep a close eye on her, make sure she is feeding AND cleaning up after the pups. You can encourage her to suckle them by feeding her tidbits by hand so long as she lays down with the pups and feeds them. As soon as thier eyes are open and they start crawling about i would start weaning them onto solids, finely ground mince mixed with a little warm water so it's like porridge will be a good place to start.

Sadly some bitches just aren't that maternal and don't make great moms, i wouldn't consider breeding off her again :no:

Best of luck with the pups :thumbs:

Edited by Shazza

I've had some bitches who are happy to leave their pups alone for a few hours once the first ten days is over. The important thing is to keep her happy: if she wants to be away from them for a bit, do so. But as has already been said, make sure that they are feeding properly, and that she is cleaning them up.

Is she happy to stay with them at night time? Has she got enough milk?

The other thing is: is she missing going out for exercise? Most bitches I've bred from are desperate to get out for a walk once the pups are a couple of weeks old. I take them on a half hour walk every day once they get to that stage. If they are happy to leave the pups, but also happy to suckle and look after them when they should, then I don't see a problem.

Obviously, if the pups are continually crying, or listless, or non stop moving about: then they are either hungry and not getting enough milk, or cold and fading. They should feel warm to the touch, firm and relatively heavy with nice loose skin.

Obviously it is impossible to say for certain over an internet forum without having seen the bitch with the pups. Have you got no one near you who could check them out and reassure you or tell you if there's something wrong?

hi cut the pups nails at this age they are like needles will be hurting her when they are feeding i usuall rub bitch with vasaline so pups dond dig into her when feeding keep eye on her make her feed them to get rid of her milk have a feel at her if her tits are red hot she may mastites good luck

hi cut the pups nails at this age they are like needles will be hurting her when they are feeding i usuall rub bitch with vasaline so pups dond dig into her when feeding keep eye on her make her feed them to get rid of her milk have a feel at her if her tits are red hot she may mastites good luck

make a bed so she can get out of way when wants she will soon feed when noisy

i just had a litter and it was about the same time my bitch was doin the same thing so she used to sit with me for a few hours and then run back once she heard they wanted feeding when she was finished she came back in and at night i let her sleep in there but on her own bed on the other side of room and all pups were fine and dam

The young bitch here gave up last week more or less she will still give them a feed in the morning and later on at night but not for too long.So we did as vet said and got the weaning food and whelpi.I got given some really sound advice from a member on here as well.They love their mince and they enjoyed the rabbit as well not that they ate loads just sucked it dry lol and mum got the rest.Ive just wormed them as well for 2nd time and so far nothing thank fook lol.Try and hold off till your as close to the 4 weeks as possible even if she gets them to 3 weeks theyre more about themselves then.I gave this bitch the option of leaving them for a wander and a break as theres 8 and shes only young so cant be easy for her

I've had some bitches who are happy to leave their pups alone for a few hours once the first ten days is over. The important thing is to keep her happy: if she wants to be away from them for a bit, do so. But as has already been said, make sure that they are feeding properly, and that she is cleaning them up.

Is she happy to stay with them at night time? Has she got enough milk?

The other thing is: is she missing going out for exercise? Most bitches I've bred from are desperate to get out for a walk once the pups are a couple of weeks old. I take them on a half hour walk every day once they get to that stage. If they are happy to leave the pups, but also happy to suckle and look after them when they should, then I don't see a problem.

Obviously, if the pups are continually crying, or listless, or non stop moving about: then they are either hungry and not getting enough milk, or cold and fading. They should feel warm to the touch, firm and relatively heavy with nice loose skin.

Obviously it is impossible to say for certain over an internet forum without having seen the bitch with the pups. Have you got no one near you who could check them out and reassure you or tell you if there's something wrong?

id say this is all yea need to read the bitch is bored get her out for a walk shel be happy to get in and clean up after an hour or so away from them