The Irish Game Fair at Shanes Castle

Is there any discount for BASC members attending the fair at Shanes Castle ??

No - we work with all the major organisations in Ireland including NARGC, FISSTA, CAI - all of who have many more members than BASCNI, so to be fair to all organisations ( and these organisations all make a more major contribution to our fairs than BASCNI) we took the decision to help all the organisations( including BASC) by subsidising their stands and let them subsidise their members.

We did offer a FREE ticket to Shanes Castle to everyone who purchased a ticket at the Ballywalter Fair - again we thought that this was a fairer way to make a gesture to the whole field sports community rather than to a small section of it.

AlbertJ

No - we work with all the major organisations in Ireland including NARGC, FISSTA, CAI - all of who have many more members than BASCNI, so to be fair to all organisations ( and these organisations all make a more major contribution to our fairs than BASCNI) we took the decision to help all the organisations( including BASC) by subsidising their stands and let them subsidise their members.

We did offer a FREE ticket to Shanes Castle to everyone who purchased a ticket at the Ballywalter Fair - again we thought that this was a fairer way to make a gesture to the whole field sports community rather than to a small section of it.

AlbertJ

posted by Bluebekll on k9

Had a really nice day at Florance Court, great company, great weather and a lovely setting it was the last qualifier for the Master Mc Grath, so Paris and me set out hoping to get it Paris can now go to Stormont for the launch of the Great Game-Fairs of Ireland as a Master Mc Grath qualifier, well done wee girl...

Albert are all the qualifiers going to stormont or just the last qualifier or what way was this picked hope your not using her to take the photos never seen a someone who love to thenselves so much every other phopograph of her or her dog

Edited by pigsy

AlbertJ

Had a really nice day at Florance Court, great company, great weather and a lovely setting it was the last qualifier for the Master Mc Grath, so Paris and me set out hoping to get it Paris can now go to Stormont for the launch of the Great Game-Fairs of Ireland as a Master Mc Grath qualifier, well done wee girl...

Albert are all the qualifiers going to stormont or just the last qualifier or what way was this picked hope your not using her to take the photos never seen a someone who love to thenselves so much every other phopograph of her or her dog

Pigsy,

We believe in promoting country sports to everyone and particularly to politicians who could determine the future of country sports in Ireland. That is why we have held some launches at Stormont. We would love to have it open to all like our Ballywalter preview in the Ards Town Square but security dictates otherwise and we can only invite a small number of representatives from each sport.

We do invite representatives of all the sports to be there - both the representative organisations and ordinary participants e.g Des Crofton Director of the NARGC and the stoutest defender of country sports that I know will be a key note speaker. I have also invited several terrier & lurcher folk including Deirde ( not in her capacity as a McGrath qualifier to represent that brand of our sports.

We also invite different representatives to our other press conferences - next one after Stormont is at Shanes Castle on the Friday morning before the Fair. If you want to come and see it for yourself you are very welcome.

Albertj

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

We believe in promoting country sports to everyone and particularly to politicians who could determine the future of country sports in Ireland. That is why we have held some launches at Stormont. We would love to have it open to all like our Ballywalter preview in the Ards Town Square but security dictates otherwise and we can only invite a small number of representatives from each sport.

We do invite representatives of all the sports to be there - both the representative organisations and ordinary participants e.g Des Crofton Director of the NARGC and the stoutest defender of country sports that I know will be a key note speaker. I have also invited several terrier & lurcher folk including Deirde ( not in her capacity as a McGrath qualifier to represent that brand of our sports.

We also invite different representatives to our other press conferences - next one after Stormont is at Shanes Castle on the Friday morning before the Fair. If you want to come and see it for yourself you are very welcome.

Albertj

you could have got someone that works there lurchers.

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

Albertj

why would the man do that.sure less than half that show their lurchers work them and less than a quarter that race their lurchers hunt. But i have yet to see one of the show race people with a mangy half starved lurcher but i see plenty out hunting and in working yards hardly what you would want on the pictures of a press release prmoting lurchers and terriers. The days of a lurcher and terrier show with all workers is a thing of the past.

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

Albertj

We also have a couple of representatives who work their lurchers.

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

Albertj

Have a good day all that is going

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

Albertj

why would the man do that.sure less than half that show their lurchers work them and less than a quarter that race their lurchers hunt. But i have yet to see one of the show race people with a mangy half starved lurcher but i see plenty out hunting and in working yards hardly what you would want on the pictures of a press release prmoting lurchers and terriers. The days of a lurcher and terrier show with all workers is a thing of the past.

I hope to be workin my dogs long into the future glad your not speaking to the MPs next week or we would all be f""ked And as for the half starved dogs If I were you I would change the your company What did you do about the poor conditin of the lurchers ? Go ahead name some of the yards your spouting about

I hope to be workin my dogs long into the future glad your not speaking to the MPs next week or we would all be f""ked And as for the half starved dogs If I were you I would change the your company What did you do about the poor conditin of the lurchers ? Go ahead name some of the yards your spouting about

Pigsy,

Albertj

I hope to be workin my dogs long into the future glad your not speaking to the MPs next week

I hope that you are working your lurchers and I will be able to continue my sports into the future and that is why we most certainly WILL BE TALKING TO and INVOLVING MLAs,Ministers and MPs at Stormont in our photocall, on TV and in our reception. We believe in promoting country sports at the highest level. For example look at our last two magazines on www.countrysportsandcountrylife.com to see our interviews with the Environment Ministers North and South where we put country sports concerns directly to them. We also support the country sports organisations in their lobbying especially those organisations that actually seek their members opinions.

In fact when the tail docking issue was being addressed at Stormont the main organisations had concentrated on gundogs and Barry Wade the Vice Chair of the NWTF contacxted me I was able to mail his excellent submission on the necessity of docking terriers to the Environment Committee and through the good offices of people like Francie Molloy MLA and others terrier were also included in the exemption. I literally was 'only the messenger' Barry deserves the real credit!

I have spent 34 years of my life promoting country sports to public and politicians and intend to continue to do so. Shanes Castle will be my 46th game or country fair and my fellow director Eddie Dash's 51st ( he has been involved in 5 in Scotland).

So yes politicians will be fully involved in our promotion at Stormont. If you see our show from Ballywalter on www.fieldsportschannel.tv you will see how we involve politicians very positively in our promotions.

Albertj

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

Albertj

who are they can u name them.

AlbertJ

Pigsy,

Albertj

who are they can u name them.

Twiggy,

I am sure if they want to be named they can name themselves. You will be able to see the photos on our web site AND there will be two or maybe even three television programmes on the Stormont event and the Shanes Castle Fair.

Albertj