saluki x pups

Went for a walk up the dales yesterday with my 9 and half month old pup, hoping to give him a go om some easy summer rabbits or mixi. Had a couple of runs and from the first go he was blocking the rabbits off, trying to box them away from fences which i was verry suprised at as he doesnt seem clever like a collie cross but when hes chasing it was like he had done it before. Do the coursing dogs that box hares well show signs like this on rabbits at young age? Cheers.

Yes mate its a natural born instinct in them type of dogs bred from generations of good dogs i have found thats why it makes me laugh [bANNED TEXT] lads say good breeding dosent matter when you see natrual ability like this you know it does.atb dell

• Like 1

To be honest mate i never thought that it made much difference till now. You can see when hes playing with my older bitch how he is using his gears he must have bout four or five ive noticed and he spins propper tight and fast. Hes sired by crash out of jj and his dam a pure grey sired by bret lee

To be honest mate i never thought that it made much difference till now. You can see when hes playing with my older bitch how he is using his gears he must have bout four or five ive noticed and he spins propper tight and fast. Hes sired by crash out of jj and his dam a pure grey sired by bret lee

Sounds like you have dropped lucky and hes thrown back to the saluki hybred as some i have seen and owned out of streight greys back to saluki hybreds some of their natural ability has been lost [bANNED TEXT] diluting with greyhounds.

Nice looking dog mate. Looks strong. Was there many rabbits about on the dales, as I used to go up there a couple of times a year, but I've heard this year the rabbits are very sparse, probably due to all the snow?

Went for a walk up the dales yesterday with my 9 and half month old pup, hoping to give him a go om some easy summer rabbits or mixi. Had a couple of runs and from the first go he was blocking the rabbits off, trying to box them away from fences which i was verry suprised at as he doesnt seem clever like a collie cross but when hes chasing it was like he had done it before. Do the coursing dogs that box hares well show signs like this on rabbits at young age? Cheers.

well done :thumbs: get him on the big rabbits come stubble time :whistling: