If you could squeeze the bank a bit more i'd go with the Canon powershot G12, this camera is brilliant, and also has manual controls, so you can try your hand at that, it has a good zoom good optics (it has the same expensive glass thats in my 1000 quid lens's) it has a really good video camera on it as well :thumbs:

If you could squeeze the bank a bit more i'd go with the Canon powershot G12, this camera is brilliant, and also has manual controls, so you can try your hand at that, it has a good zoom good optics (it has the same expensive glass thats in my 1000 quid lens's) it has a really good video camera on it as well :thumbs:

the fuji also has manual controls and a very good zoom.the video you can also zoom in aswell?got super macro aswel/

i woud opt for a second hand DSLR. you can add lenses as you need and when you can afford. canon or nikon. get the best rep :thumbs:

I understand what your saying, but i want something fairly light and less

bulky than a dslr.

Edited by samboy

i woud opt for a second hand DSLR. you can add lenses as you need and when you can afford. canon or nikon. get the best rep :thumbs:

I understand what your saying, but i want something fairly light and less

bulky than a dslr.

SAMSUNG NX 10

post-2078-0-69533900-1304544577_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cleanspade

I know a couple of people have shot me down with my suggestion, but you really are getting as close as you can get to a DSLR quality wise , without the size and bulk with the Canon G12, go into Curry's and try one out :thumbs: you'll be impressed

Edited by Coyotehunter

I have a few friends who have the Canon G12 and they rate them highly. I fancied the long zoom of the

Fuji HS 10 but perhaps i should have another look at the G12. The only thing is its around £400 and i wont use £300 of it. Where £250 for the Fuji dont seem too bad.

I've had a canon sx30 is for about a month now, its got manual controls, 35x optical zoom,got good reviews, rechargeable batteries, got mine off e-bay for £297 and I'm well pleased with it.

Just put some pics of a robin up tonight, have a look, !!!

Guest jt750

I decided that i wanted a camera too after being inspired by one or three of the members on here so thought long and hard about it. In the end i decided than rather go spend £300 -£400 on a camera straight away i would spend no more than a £100 on a second hand fixed lens camera to see if i had the *eye* for a good picture. Well now i'm pleased i did because there is so much to learn and not so much about the camera but as to what makes good subject matter and how to get *that* photo. These are pics taken with a fuji s5700 which i'm happy enough with (for the time being ). OK they not the greatest but it gives me the chance to learn about shutter speeds aperture settings and macro for very little money. Yes these are cropped but hey we all do it tongue2.gif

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg