ferrets had kits

First thing would be to contact the guy at the pet shop and tell him that he is either a blatant liar who just wanted to off load his pregnant jill so he didnt have to deal with it, or he REALLY shouldn't be selling ferrets if he can't tell between male and female (the give away is the big set of nuts), and if he cannot spot a pregnant jill a f*****g mile off.

Then, aye, remove the hob, keep the jill and kits nice and quiet, nice draft free sleeping box, make sure there is plenty of fresh water and good quality food for the jill, i'd stick some high quality kibble in a bowl in there and then also feed raw meat (over night if it is warm).

From a couple of weeks i would put some flesh in with the kits and they will at the least suck the blood out of it, and then as soon as the kits are eating, pile the flesh and bone into them as much as you can.

Also when they are a few weeks old handle them and get them used to handling.

Final thing, as your jill is new and doesn't really know you, i'd give her plenty of space so she doesnt freak out and kill the litter.

Annnnnd stick up the pet shop name on here.

What ever you do just feed the jill at night when its cooler and give her peace and space till she settles in getting to know you and having a litter of kitts is a bad start