HOW TO BREED A HARE DOG

were deer hound crosses any good on hare ?????

Pre-Ban Had agood Deerhound cross that could do the job well.But by far in small fields and wood.The collie/Grey/Whippet.Was the better dog.Quicker off the mark.Better turning ability and could work a hare up easyer.:thumbs:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if i couldnt use any of the old lines id go saluki over a genuine whippet/greyhound and build from there.

it was me fathers choice of dog he liked the beddy in there make up he recon it gave em heart

Guest cheesegrater

I would say, from my limeted experience, a injection of a good whippet x greyhound, would do well.

Small fields and hares that love the cover/obsticals over here, make it hard for a slow thinking dog to catch.

A good whippet x greyhound bitch put to a well known saluki bred lurcher that catches on all types of land, might do the trick?

But, as said, i am no expert, on this matter.

i know saluki men that have injected more than whippets . :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

just buy LUCAS,the best hare dog in the world LOL

IS THAT U PADDY, SALLY OR STEW OR BEANSY OR KEVIN OR SARAH OR SEAN OR CIARA HOLD ON ! IT MUST BE PEARSE BECAUSE WHO ELSE WOULD KNOW ABOUT THAT DIRT LUCAS :db:

SHIT I HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT lol,the lucas dog aint shit mate

i always found that a hand wee bred bitch was a saluki collie whippet greyhound, i've had 2 and both worked well on both short and long ear.

as said before "horse's for courses" they both worked well on small to medium size feilds but i dont think they would have been much cop on the likes of the fens, unless it was in the 1st 100yrds.

beddy x grey as the sire saluki x grey dam and aving the luck it all come good

Not far off mate . I reckon a beddy greyhound back to a full saluki

toby (hoover)was bred by me dads mate thats why we em the ole breed

thats what the gypsy use but with a bit of deerhound in them

it was me fathers choice of dog he liked the beddy in there make up he recon it gave em heart

• Like 1