Lovely Phonecall

Hi folks, just had a lovely phone call from a farmer with a rabbit problem from an unlikely source. I was bored on Monday at work so decided to knock up a short introduction letter with a small advert and start sending out to local farms using yellow pages and google, before anyone says it I wouldn't normally send stuff in the post as knocking on doors has got to be better but I simply don't have time due to work at the moment.

Being honest I really didn't expect anything from it but thought that doing something was better than nothing. I only sent 30 on Monday and will do the same once a week.I got home last night from shooting one of the golf courses I have permission on as the green keeper had phoned earlier in the day to ask me to concentrate on a certain area. To my surprise there was a message on my answering machine from a farmer 7 miles away asking me to call him about his rabbit problem. Spoke to the guy this morning place is riddled with rabbits and is about to plant maize soon, meeting him tomorrow night....happy days. Just goes to show permissions are out there its a case of finding them!

A million miles away in Berkshire. Tis a bugger getting permissions down here. I have 2 small permissions. One is 5 acres 18 miles one way and the other about 2 acres and is 30 miles the opposite direction. Get there shoot one bunny and wait an hour for them to possibly come back.

But at least I do have some, which is more than some I know. So can't complain. :thumbs:

I also have some friends with lots about 40 miles away so I can go out and play with them a lot. Couldn't find anywhere closer could I !!! :icon_eek:

Thank you so much for the offer. It is very much appreciated. Don't worry you will have lots of knowledgeable people wanting to come and play with you as well as lots of unknowledable people. :whistling:

Good luck and enjoy.

If your only getting into it my knowledge would be to say.

Make sure you have a signed permission letter for you and any assistants you would bring with you to help. Covers legalities.

and Make sure that the shot is safe, backstops ricocheys etc. The bunny will be there the next night so if it isn't safe don't risk it.

But then I may be teaching you to suck eggs.

OH and the last piece of advice. AND THIS IS REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER look through a Gen 3 night vision unless you can afford it :blink:

Just back from meeting the farmer on this new permission. Turns out to be approx 300 acres, good for rabbits, pigeons fox and crows potentially, just before I leave he tells me he has some fields down by the river which are great for duck shooting come winter and he has three of his own ponds that he is quite happy to feed up with barley all winter for me to have the duck shooting on ...I'm one happy fella