Bit of advice

First time I have ever visited this section but I used to do a bit of sea fishing when I was younger when I lived on the coast but I now live and somerset and I live near a few lakes and would like to start freshwater fishing I've never done it before and just want some pointers I've even got the missus interested in the idea, so if I could get some pointers on a basic rig and where to go and what sites to research. Many thanks

1st goes on 2ft of sinking rig tube-to protect the carp and to sink and protect your main line,then thread on a 2oZ inline lead,push the tube into the lead tail rubber, then tie on a size 7 or 8 barrel swivel and tie to this a hooklink of around,11 inches,if you start getting bites but not hooking them,decrease the lenth of you rig by about an inch at a time. Google "knotless knot" and "hair rig" they are the most used knots and are a piece of piss to tie. Any more Q`s pm me mate. Tight lines....Dont forget your rod licsense.

HI Mate

If you are a beginner mate I would go to your local tackle shop and ask for some advice on the local waters, tackle needed, baits etc, take a walk around the places you are thinking of fishing and have a look how others are fishing, ask the the anglers a couple of questions ( most people will be helpful, if there not they're idiots anyway) obviously they may not tell you everything they know about the water ( they've put the work in to find that out). Once you've got an idea you just gotta get out and do it.

I'm not far from you in Devon and fish a bit in Somerset mainly on the river Tone there's some really good fishing on the river mate some nice chub and some great roach fishing. If your ever in Exeter pop into the Exeter Angling Centre they will give you a load of info in there.

If you need any more info pm me mate.

ATB

Kev

Guest bullterrier

as poacher said get yourselves a rod licence get yourselves a couple of float rods and reels a few floats split shot hook disgorger hooks landing net and a way you you don't have to make things to complicated to start with ATB..:thumbs: ..john