GOLDIE MULE IN SHOCK

Any advice, My Godie Mule was outside in his cage, when I popped into the house for five mins my wife said that Bird has gone Quiet, I dashed out and there was a female Sparrowhawk on top of his Cage, I chased it off and he was lying on the floor of his cage, even after bringing him into the house, the hawk returned twice, anyway he looked in shock, I held him in my hand I put him on the perch, and he started fluttering in the cage he settled on his perch, I put the cover on his cage and have left him, but he still does not look happy, don't know if he will survive the shock,is there anything else I can do.

Have you got any Blue Maw seed...

Very good in situations like this, firstly its quite easy for the bird to eat it..so the bird doesn't have to work too

hard to get a feed, also, and more important, Blue maw has a side effect of relaxing birds which is exactly what you want...hope the bird regains its composure.

Spot on Kev, that's sound advice and Craigyboy's advice would work as well.

You dont mention how long it was since the hawk had a go at him and you putting the cover on his cage?

In my experience after an attack like this the birds generally drops dead immediately so I would be confident that he will be fine by morning.

Offer him a bath and if he bathes immediately its a good sign he is Ok.

Well he was still there in the morning half his tail feathers have gone, I saw him drinking, and I offered him some Broccoli which he nibbled, but he has not left his perch to feed, as his feed tray is near the bottom of the cage, so I went and got him a honey stick and he seems to have had a very small nibble,he still does not look happy but at least he is still alive, its strange not hearing a cheep from him, as he was a cracking whistler.

Well he is a lot better today, think he has turned the corner, he is back to eating his seed, did notice he has a slightly sore leg and has lost half his tail feathers.

My last question is, will he sing again, as I have said this is the best singer I have had,

and since the hawk incident he is total silent?

I had one used to pay a vistit years ago to anything I had hanging on my shed, it came over the same gap in the same hedge every time, I bought a ford cortina windscreen from the scrappy for £4, positioned it (as a windbreak for me leeks), and still rembember the sound as the spuggy hawk accidently flew into it :icon_eek:

He is still not 100per cent, he was whistling this Morning, but not what he used to, but I am just happy he has made a good recovery, if you had seen this Bird you would not have given tuppence for it to survive the night, when I put him outside again, I will not leave him for a minute thanks for all the replies it has been appreciated :victory: :victory: .

He is still not 100per cent, he was whistling this Morning, but not what he used to, but I am just happy he has made a good recovery, if you had seen this Bird you would not have given tuppence for it to survive the night, when I put him outside again, I will not leave him for a minute thanks for all the replies it has been appreciated :victory: :victory: .

give him a few weeks and he'll get over it and be back to normal :thumbs: