Can any one please tell me where to buy a lead shot mould or how to make lead shots so i can use them in a catapult?

Thanks

Also looking to buy a Barnett Black Widow but half the time bog standard elastics just dont do the job properly can any 1 suggest the strongest/powerfulest/deadliest elastic to buy

thanks

Try here mate,http://www.henrykrank.com/

You want a Lee double mould anywhere around .500 calibre is a good general size for catty hunting.

Eveyone has different ideas about elastic,a lot of lads will say "buy flatbands" definatly the most power but tear easily and make more noise than a HW80 when shooting them,it also helps if your a weightlifter to draw them.

I use the square 6 or 7mm square stuff,allways have done and it does the job for me,lasts ages and easy to shoot with when its broken in a bit,punch catapult elastic in ebay and you will find plenty of laccy.

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

Both pics are of game taken in a week respectivly,not bragging mate,just waiting for the flatband wolla's to come on and tell you how good the Theraband is and put their pics up,never happens.

Try here mate,http://www.henrykrank.com/

You want a Lee double mould anywhere around .500 calibre is a good general size for catty hunting.

Eveyone has different ideas about elastic,a lot of lads will say "buy flatbands" definatly the most power but tear easily and make more noise than a HW80 when shooting them,it also helps if your a weightlifter to draw them.

I use the square 6 or 7mm square stuff,allways have done and it does the job for me,lasts ages and easy to shoot with when its broken in a bit,punch catapult elastic in ebay and you will find plenty of laccy.

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

Both pics are of game taken in a week respectivly,not bragging mate,just waiting for the flatband wolla's to come on and tell you how good the Theraband is and put their pics up,never happens.

cheers mate great help, great pictures also. Ive seen a few people using the flatbands but cant imagine them beign practicle in the long run and will probably cost a bomb to replace every week or so? lol

ive just started making catapults and was advised to use the flatband theraband gold had it on about 4 weeks and its not to bad but is noisy plenty of power going to try the square stuff next,as for moulds cant help you ive been using marbles as picked loads up cheap on carboot,,,cracking pics steve ive only had a couple of pigeons struggling to hit tin cans

You can get some decent flatbands by all accounts,a lot of American lads i know use some called "tex-express" and say they are good and last a fair time,theres a bloke called "flatband" who also sells some good flats,you can find them on www.theslingshotforum.com or "jacksshed" if youre thinking of taking catty hunting up seriously both sites are worth joining,loads of info on everything catapults,just try not to step in the bullshit talked by some of them ;)

ive just started making catapults and was advised to use the flatband theraband gold had it on about 4 weeks and its not to bad but is noisy plenty of power going to try the square stuff next,as for moulds cant help you ive been using marbles as picked loads up cheap on carboot,,,cracking pics steve ive only had a couple of pigeons struggling to hit tin cans

Thanks Daz,just practice mate thats all,funny thing is i cant hit cans that well myself mate,do ok on game though,check out Danny on Youtube [danielmorgan1976] i think hes the no1 in UK and a very nice bloke with it.

Good shooting Steve, i've always used square or tubes but recently changed to flatbands. I make them alot lighter than the hunter bands though. Might lose a bit of power but quieter, easier pull and bands last ages. To be honest i dont think theres much in it, if you can shoot well enough any decent bands will do but if you cant shoot then the best bands in the world wont help you!

To the OP, i use a double cavity .44 call lee mold, about £30 but well worth it

Good shooting Steve, i've always used square or tubes but recently changed to flatbands. I make them alot lighter than the hunter bands though. Might lose a bit of power but quieter, easier pull and bands last ages. To be honest i dont think theres much in it, if you can shoot well enough any decent bands will do but if you cant shoot then the best bands in the world wont help you!

To the OP, i use a double cavity .44 call lee mold, about £30 but well worth it

Yeah ive bin told that .44 cal is a gud ammo to use with cattys just getting into the hunting thing with cattys atm so open to any suggestions... feed backs great thanks alot

Thanks Tyla,i think we already know each other from the shed mate?

I tried flats .50 latex i think it was,just not for me really and tended to twist to much for my liking,not good if you need a quick second shot,but a lot of people do swear by it.

I tried the brown 6mm round stuff [on sale on ebay]recently and its pretty good,bit more power than 6mm square and very reasonable at £250 a meter.

Different shot sizes seem to suit different elastic,a lot of flatband users seem to like the .44 and even smaller,and i think the square performs better with bigger shot for some reason,i use .457 [11.5mm] and .562 [14.2mm] and Danny's on 16mm,seems funny as the flats are generally more powerful than square but i started killing much better when i upped my shot size from .44 to .457?