SAK Compact Moderator - anyone have one?

I've been doing some Google research re sound moderators for air rifles. I want one that will cope with sub 12 fpe, FAC power, and can also do the job on a .22 rim-fire rifle. I have just serviced my .177 Career 707 Mk.2 Carbine which shoots heavyweight Accupells very well when tuned at around 22fpe. But without a silencer, the muzzle report is a blast...

I have short listed the SAK Compact Moderator which is described as suitable for air guns and rim-fires. Has anyone any experience of the SAK - if so I would appreciate hearing your views? Also, it would be useful to know some gun shops in the UK where they are sold.

Cheers, Chris

Hi mate I have used one for about 1 year.

They are very good and will do what you need them for very easily.

I gave mine to Owen Vining and now use the ultimate silencer the Twink.

Have you not thought about a Twink mark 3 mate the longer version of the Twink mark 2. That’s FAC standard so Im led to believe.

Try Davyt63 on here mate.

Si

Si, Thanks for your feedback on the SAK. The Twink would be my choice for an airgun only, but for rim-fire use as well I want a moderator that is strip-able for occasional cleaning, and is compact. (The Parker Hale is OK but IMO a bit too long.) I will try for an SAK; if anyone knows where to get one that would be great. Chris