Parallax Errors

Been doing some interesting reading on the subject in the January 2011 edition of Airgun world Mag by Jim Tyler.

By all accounts to correct Parallax error not only do you adjust the scope to the requied Parallax range, the ocular ring must also be brought into focus. it seems one doesn't go without the other?

By just dialing in the Range on the scope adjustment to eliminate Parallax just isn't enough! the focus ring must also be focused at the given Range.

Reading through it makes alot of sense. does anyone else use this method?

Jasp

Interesting info there Mark. Could explain a lot for a lot of people.

I think head position and rifle cant has also a lot to do with it Jasp. Trying to ensure your head is in more or less the same position when looking through the scope hence the invention of the accucover i think

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

whatever happend to whacking bunnies with a break barrel and iron sights ???? :tongue2:

i read that jasper....makes sense, but i guess its the same old, same old......practice practice practice .

interesting read though mate

cheers

sean

I think you're 100% right Sean and Darryl :thumbs:

although I always have had a Air rifle I was pretty out of it for a good few years apart from the occasional shot. I got more into the shotguns in the 90's right up to the last few years and must admit when I first picked up a scope gun after a long while I viewed it with both eyes open.

these days I generaly think I do suffer a bit with Parallax errors. one minute I'm taking Rabbits on the ground freehand and the next squirrels and Pigeons up the top of trees, I'm not saying this is actually a parallax error but some of the tight positions I get in to get a shot off I'm obviously not mounting the gun the same each shot. its funny as in the past I never suffered but these days due to my own errors I'm somtimes left chaseing zero :thumbs:

atb Jasp