ferreting this morning

decided to take the lurcher and ferrets out as the weather was perfect.i left the nets at home and let the dog chase any bolters.the first warren there was a nice mark by bram so in went the albino jill,minutes later bram flew straight into the hole grasping a nice healthy rabbit in her dentches.of to the next warren,there was no mark but i insisted on ferreting it as there were fresh diggins but i should of trusted the dog as after entering the ferrets they soon emerged.the next warren was on a steepish bank both of the ferrets were entered and another coney bolted with bramble close behind but it made it to another warren further along the bank.my dad joined me and brought a couple of nets with him the ones i made the other week with a wire runner and a ring on the bottom of the net (got that idea of simon whiteheads dvd)anyway as we only had five nets we netted up the most occupied holes and with abit of good luck a rabbit hit the net.number two was in the bag.we carried on along the bank and come to a warren which was covered in bracken so we just let bramble run any which bolted,rabbits were flying from every where (only if we had long nets)it was very hard for bram as by now we were nearly at a vertical drop and the rabbits were running at full speed between trees.we were unsuccessful on this warren and the rabbits made it back to the warrens we had just ferreted.we decided to leave those for next time.

im happy with bramble as she seemed to concentrate a little more and not get bored to easily and her marking seemed better.

heres a few pics

DSCF1478.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

DSCF1508.jpg

DSCF1517.jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

DSCF1523.jpg

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW

decided to take the lurcher and ferrets out as the weather was perfect.i left the nets at home and let the dog chase any bolters.the first warren there was a nice mark by bram so in went the albino jill,minutes later bram flew straight into the hole grasping a nice healthy rabbit in her dentches.of to the next warren,there was no mark but i insisted on ferreting it as there were fresh diggins but i should of trusted the dog as after entering the ferrets they soon emerged.the next warren was on a steepish bank both of the ferrets were entered and another coney bolted with bramble close behind but it made it to another warren further along the bank.my dad joined me and brought a couple of nets with him the ones i made the other week with a wire runner and a ring on the bottom of the net (got that idea of simon whiteheads dvd)anyway as we only had five nets we netted up the most occupied holes and with abit of good luck a rabbit hit the net.number two was in the bag.we carried on along the bank and come to a warren which was covered in bracken so we just let bramble run any which bolted,rabbits were flying from every where (only if we had long nets)it was very hard for bram as by now we were nearly at a vertical drop and the rabbits were running at full speed between trees.we were unsuccessful on this warren and the rabbits made it back to the warrens we had just ferreted.we decided to leave those for next time.

im happy with bramble as she seemed to concentrate a little more and not get bored to easily and her marking seemed better.

heres a few pics

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

DSCF1508.jpg

DSCF1517.jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

DSCF1523.jpg

good hunting

rew

fantastic pics rew are they taken with the s5600 im going to get one cheers kieron

bramble is 4 in june or july this year.yes it is a plastic toolbox very light weight so its perfect for me as im walking 5 or more hours every ferreting trip.it takes 40 or more minutes to get to my hunting ground. the only thing is i have to keep it out of sun as the black plastic will get hot.

good hunting

rew

i do think shes a little old to be starting to be doing basic training with her really,she didnt start catching untill her second season so shes a very slow learner.its our fault though picking her when she was 16 weeks this was very late really.

good hunting

rew