Got my first gun!

Some of you may remember me asking for advice regarding what rifle I should go for as a complete beginner on a very tight budget. I got some great advice and kept my eye out for a Hatsan 60s. As it turns out Secretagentmole had one come up for sale second hand with a few extras so last week I became the proud owner of a Hatsan 60S under 3 months old, fitted with truglo sights, recoil system, quattro trigger, Hawke 4x32 scope, pellets, gunslip, targets and some camo gear all delivered for a very reasonable price.

Moley also kindly offered me a bi-pod for free if I could collect but my little brother had a spare from his old air gun so I fitted that.

The scope wasn't zeroed when I got it so I got used to adjusting it and I'm now shooting really accurately and finding out how the pellets drop off over different distances...I've been practising on the targets and not using it on live stuff yet because want to make sure I can make a clean kill first.

I'm really happy with it and enjoying shooting. I'll let you know how I'm getting on and add some photos when I start shooting for real :boogie:

Big thanks to the Mole :thumbs:

Edited by hogdog

Just remember Hogdog she is not run in yet, I do not think we even put 60 pellets through it before the wife had her wrist modified by an Astra, which put paid to springers for her! So as you use the gun she will gradually make more power so you may find that your point of impact changes slightly! Glad you like it though, enjoy the shooting, just remember it is still under warranty and you remember the gun shop (Philip Webster at Great Ellingham). The slip is under 4 weeks old (got it to get an Air Arms S200 back) and does not fit the gun it was bought to transport (but you have to have a gun in a slip or case in a car). Pellets came with the gun and are recommended by the gunsmith for close quarter (35 yards and under) bunny killing! That gun was bought as a bargain bunny killer and is what it has been sold as (at a reasonable price admittedly).

Hogdog is also a thoroughly agreeable bloke and should any members be reading this in Essex, please offer him a days shooting and some advice. He is great company and very eager to learn! I have said next time he comes up this way we will go onto my permission and have a quiet plug away (bunnies will be in trouble then, two gun ambush, be like the death of Butch and Sundance)!

Anyway good luck and good hunting!

Thanks again, much appreciated. I'm getting it nicely set up now and it is loosening up but still needs a bit more work.

I took it to my brothers today and discovered that my sister in law has a bit of a talent for shooting. She made me look like a right muppet!