terrier size

:hmm: Not so sure on the bigger terrier getting where the smaller terrier can get, it just cant be possible.

Nixy that animal looks like it will do the job for you matey, one thing though, don't think its too big or too small or we will all end up like the show fraternity, breeding for looks and not work. Go with what you've got and try and bring the best out of him ;)

Disagree a terrier Big or Small will get where it wants to go wsize is not an issue will power is!

my terriers which are not weedy nuttel types will get into rooty tight spots and dig on with out having to break through and bail em out no trenching or sinking one in for me they want to get to grips and they do no messing!

Im talking about the NEW nuttels which are vertully useless unless you hunt mouse!

My two Bitches, Border is 12", Black thing is 13". Both doing the business.

I had a large Border dog some years back and when he did get to his fox it was game set and match but sometimes a few holes had to be dug and a bit of trenching on. He was deep chested though and this was probably why and to be honest it has put me off larger dogs.

Maybe i'm lazy but dig one hole,a bit of hows your father,gun in and back fill is a lot easier.

I must admit though a bigger dog is a very useful tool and would not knock them, its just i prefer a smaller terrier.

Guest grubygrafter

size does matter a big dog wont get to as many as a smaller dog. the dog you have looks right to me small but not week :) if size did'nt matter we could all work dogs that are bigger than there quarry and get the job done with no problems. but in reality they need to fit in the same. holes to get and if you have rock roots ect a big dog is struggling :)