b1120.photobucket.com/albums/l481/Tonishegedin/32w1.jpg

Hello From DownUnder,

My first pic post trial.Somewhat different to Bush Telegraph I've been on for 50 yrs.

Here's a Stirling Model 20P semi with one of our local hares.

Stripey the cat used to come over the paddocks and find for me when I had shot.He still enjoys a feed of game

at age 19+ and loves his outdoors.

Best Wishes To You All. Toni.

b1120.photobucket.com/albums/l481/Tonishegedin/32w1.jpg

Hello From DownUnder,

My first pic post trial.Somewhat different to Bush Telegraph I've been on for 50 yrs.

Here's a Stirling Model 20P semi with one of our local hares.

Stripey the cat used to come over the paddocks and find for me when I had shot.He still enjoys a feed of game

at age 19+ and loves his outdoors.

Best Wishes To You All. Toni.

32w1.jpg

Can you run them in NZ?

Hello Richie,Horse Hunts were never popular here but most provences have a hunt organised.From what I have seen though they seem to hunt areas the farmer has grazed to minimize pasture damage.Any countryman knows that these areas are temporarily vacated by hares until they grow anew.Anyway longer pasture will stop hooves pugging soil in spring when they seem to do the chase.Our springs can be wet and in my area I get 3.6 metres of rain annually.Heres a pic of the veiw outside.Mt Egmont 8260 Ft.

Best wishes ToniMount600x800.jpg

Can you run them in NZ?

Hello Richie,Horse Hunts were never popular here but most provences have a hunt organised.From what I have seen though they seem to hunt areas the farmer has grazed to minimize pasture damage.Any countryman knows that these areas are temporarily vacated by hares until they grow anew.Anyway longer pasture will stop hooves pugging soil in spring when they seem to do the chase.Our springs can be wet and in my area I get 3.6 metres of rain annually.Heres a pic of the veiw outside.Mt Egmont 8260 Ft.

Best wishes ToniMount600x800.jpg

Not talking about with horses but walked up with dogs. In the UK the Hares don't vacate the fields they sit out in them

Thanks

....great country , it is on my bucket list :thumbs: .

Nice hare by the way, what calibree is the rifle?

Hello Dave,

Rifle is .22 rimfire.A phillipino Stirling.They also make a very economical bolt action.The bolt action has a bolt modelled off or very close to the BSA Supersport.Quite dense wood 22'' barell and mag release inside trig. guard like Parker Hale centrefires.Very secure arrangement so no lost mags.They have a loading ramp and feed beautifully even with the conepoint stuff.I tried a mates one on paper recently with Winchester Power point (Australian made) and put 3 shots into 7.5 mm at 25 yds total not centre to centre.These rifles are full sized so a bit big for me but I do like how they are built.New in NZ cost about 150 pound.They are built up to a quality not built for cheap mass production like a Savage.There is nothing wrong with a Savage for what they are but Stirling probably had to do a bit better as they cannot sell by brand name.Quite popular in NZ.

Hello Ritchie,

Yes quite a few shotgunners put them up with dogs esp. amongst rushes and rough ground.The Hare loves a sheltered spot in rushes and with warm sun one can predict where they will be and walk through with a rimfire on warm afternoon.I prefer a rimfire for quietness when enjoying the quiet of the countrryside.A labrador is popular for duck retreving in season and hares and rabbits for 'jump shooting'( as they call it in USA.) out of duck season.The Hare is great sport in cover and great stalking in open areas.My cat used to bring them home up to 14 pounds when he was younger.Pretty cheap to feed him.

Best Wishes to You Guys. Toni.