3rd time out this week

Hey all

Sold my Bsa S10 last month an picked up a new Hw97kt, I havent been out Shooting for roughly 18 mnths due to the birth of my Daughter an work commitments, But have some free time on my hands now after work going slack, Which is why i decided to swap rifles and start shooting again,Back to basics with a Springer.

So have been out punching paper with the new rifle for last 3 weeks or so, running it in and getting a feel for it, Went out after an early finish on Monday bout 4 til 6 hoping for some squizzers Did'nt see a thing, Tried again Friday from 2 til 5 not a sausage again, So i decided to stay off the beer last night and try an early start, Got out for 7.30 tried to bait some Maggies, Put bread down in the field and hid about 40yrds away in a hedge in full camo,90 minutes later was cold and fed up and Nothing came in for a look , So went for a walk in the woods for the next 2 hrs or so and once again nothing but songbirds.

When i was out alot a year or so ago i was bagging 2/3 squizzers every trip, Often took a few woodies and baiting Magpies worked. I dont understand why's theres nothing about anymore, Only thing i can think of is somebody has been shooting on my turf and either scared everything away or wiped it out.

Very Pee'd off, and looking for somewhere else to shoot now.

Hi mate,

I no how your feeling, Ive been there before myself gone a couple of months of not seeing much at all on one of my permisions.I was thinking a bit like you are now wondering where every thing has gone :icon_eek: so I started going up there at all kinds of different times of the day and night. I found that all of the quarry were still there but they were staying down the holes or very well hidden during the day then coming out at night.. Which is a bit strange considering we never used to see much at night up there it always used to be better in the day.So if I were you I wouldnt throw in the towel just yet persevere and just try experimenting with your times and techniques a bit see if it works for you. Hope this helps.

ATB

Si

Edited by 77 si