TB or not TB

Guest baldie

A mate of mine worked on a dairy farm, that is infested with billys, he caught tb[ for some reason he didnt have the jab] it nearly killed him, couldnt say for certain whether it was the cows, or the bunters that he caught it from, however, theres too many of them now for their own good, and i personally think a cull is neccesary.

I dont think anyone knows if T.B comes from billies os cows but theres one thing i do know,theres far too many billies about,they are totaly over protected in my opinion.What we need is a 80% cull and then if theres any "problem areas", licences issued to local pest controlers to sort the problem out!!!!

we have had the same problem in new zealand with tb. cows are just part of the cycle with tb, we don't have badgers but do have aussie possums which were main source of infection with our dairy herds and beef industry, however years of dumping 1080 poison has still giving the country pockets of tb outbreaks, they have since traced it back to wild ferrets,hedgehogs,deer,pigs and even wild turkeys. the tb gets transfered to cows when the infected animal in the stages of dying wanders into a paddock of cows, the cows being curious lick the infected animal and contract the tb. it goes through the herd. it has been found to be in the grass where infected animals have been in faeces and urine. you guys need to cull the infected population of badgers and use stock control measures to keep the spread at bay, tb testing is carried out here and stock from infected area's must have the right paper work if it leaves the farm. tb free status is [bANNED TEXT] most farmers have now as we are slowly getting to grips with the problem.

having animal in too big numbers can be dangerous,in 1986 boars numbers in southern tuscany were at the biggest level ever seen and protection areas were full of pig we had a psa infection and they take years to recovery

Guest nutter

should be legal quarry, simply not enough habitat. it is ridiculous that an animal that was never endangered is protected, the most protected on the planet. my loxality is full of farmers that have not been able to sell a beast in over three years. the farmers want them out!

Guest reload

Stripies are real problem there is no doubt IMO

I have just read in a Veterinary Publication this morning that DEFRA is set to use human TB vacine on badgers???? at what cost to the tax payer!! They will be launching a 3 year field study in badgers as part of its ongoing research into bringing bovine TB under contol :rolleyes::cry::cry::rolleyes:

Another blow to business in the countryside due to the goverment not listening.