one piece scope mounts

Beyond there not being much point using them with PCP, is a lot of PCPs can't take single piece mounts because of things like the pellet mag that sits in the middle of the rail. I briefly looked at a single piece but it was 10cm long and even the front portion of the rail on mine is only 7.5cm long.

For my tuppence worth. All my rifles are recoiling springers, including FAC tuned HW80 which can wreck a cheap scope. I've used 2-piece Sportsmatch double-screw clamp mounts for years on all my rifles and never had a single problem of movement with any of them.

The beauty of the two piece mount is the fact you can adjust the spacing between them on the length of scoperail, to better ballance the weight of the scope, with the weight of the rifle to maintain good overall ballance at the shoulder and forehand.

Single-piece mounts do not give you this degree of control; other than a firm clamp-up on the rifle.

Simon

For my tuppence worth. All my rifles are recoiling springers, including FAC tuned HW80 which can wreck a cheap scope. I've used 2-piece Sportsmatch double-screw clamp mounts for years on all my rifles and never had a single problem of movement with any of them.

The beauty of the two piece mount is the fact you can adjust the spacing between them on the length of scoperail, to better ballance the weight of the scope, with the weight of the rifle to maintain good overall ballance at the shoulder and forehand.

Single-piece mounts do not give you this degree of control; other than a firm clamp-up on the rifle.

Simon

thanks simon you have some very valid points there,im going to stick with 2 piece. :notworthy::thumbs: