Papers for Terriers

Hi all, i want a bit of info on this one, can someone use the pedigree papers from one dog for a totally unrelated dog, but of the same breed,(i dont want to do this) i just want to make sure it wont happen, i will explain further on in this thread.

Hi all, i want a bit of info on this one, can someone use the pedigree papers from one dog for a totally unrelated dog, but of the same breed,(i dont want to do this) i just want to make sure it wont happen, i will explain further on in this thread.

that scam has been pulled off many many times,:thumbdown:

as long as both dogs are of same age, gender and colour it can be hard to detect unless you know the bloodline. one of the few ways it can be detected are if either dogs are microchipped or if the original breeder of the registered dog discovers the deception and kicks up a stink, it has happened before, heard of it happening with a cavalier king charles stud dog, new owners of the pups tryed showing their substandard pups and the judge just happened to be the breeder of the genuine registered dog.

Hi Gerry, im not knocking you or anything but pedigree n papers for a terrier!

Maybe im just old school but in all my years involved with hunting and terriers i have never come across a terrier with papers ( apart from the daily star in its kennel as bedding )

My papers n pedigree about a pup have always been a look at parents and as much info about them as you can obtain.

all the best laner

Maybe im just old school but in all my years involved with hunting and terriers i have never come across a terrier with papers ( apart from the daily star in its kennel as bedding )

My papers n pedigree about a pup have always been a look at parents and as much info about them as you can obtain.

all the best laner

Hi there yes you are absolutely correctin in what you say, i have kept working dogs on and off for 50years never had papers, but this is a different situation, when there have been a few more replies i will explain why i asked the question, watch this space.

Always went on even heard story of top staffie breeder using a dog from a neighbour un reg but better looking and throwing good suff just registered pups to his dog

microchipping might solve it but not completely dna only way to be 100% but as said already with workers not nesscesary

all the best laner

Hi there yes you are absolutely correctin in what you say, i have kept working dogs on and off for 50years never had papers, but this is a different situation, when there have been a few more replies i will explain why i asked the question, watch this space.

interesting post then gerry, i will watch this space, atb laner

know of a person doing this with there staffies on the estate i used to live on , had a litter of pups out of an unregitered bitch to a registered dog , but registered the pups using a relatives, bitches papers....

very easy to do, and realy the kc should look at ways to combat this ...

Ok all, this is the situation, about three weeks ago i posted on this site about Border terriers, a lad in our working dog club we will call G, that he was getting two pups about 4 months old, i was looking for a bushing dog to go with my Lurcher, and if one was a bitch i was interested, he said both were bitches, so i said put me down for one, he said there were no papers with the dogs, no price was mentiond at this point,the pups were coming from a lad from Angelsea veer another member from our club who we will call J on the way home from the club i said to the lad that i was giving a lift home to phon J up to find out if these pups are legit, J, SAID YES AND THAT HE HAD THE PAPERS FOR THE DOGS,next day texed G how much for the pup he said 150, i said i will come and see them next night Thursday, went to see the pups in garage not very good light and realy bad smell, thougt the pups had been reard in cow shed that sort of smell, anyway a good bath would sort that out, give him 50 down would pay the rest on Saturday evening when i pick the dog up, got pup took it home placed it in its box with food and water, got up Sundy to see pup not a happy man, it had eye infection, bathed bothe eyes, and bathed, still bad smell, took pup to vets on monday morning, vet not a happy man wanted to know where dog came from to report it to R.S.P.C.A, he said the the dog had bad eye infection also Mange at that point done the three wise Monkeys, cost me £70 vet bill, so far, got to go back next Monday, but dog looks good now with some TLC and medication, but hear is the twist, text G, have you seen J,about papers, reply no, havent been in contact for a while,text back and said thats ok will make contact myself, phoned J,up and said that i was phoning becouse G hadent been intouch with him, J said that he was with G for two hours the day before and that thy had been texting each other all that week, then i asked about the papers for the pup he said he told G that he can have the papers for £20 each that the breeder will send them to him, i said that he said that he had the papers for the pups he denied saying that.So it has cost me 220 so far, plus vets fees for next week, and no papers, what are you thoughts on this one.

Ok all, this is the situation, about three weeks ago i posted on this site about Border terriers, a lad in our working dog club we will call G, that he was getting two pups about 4 months old, i was looking for a bushing dog to go with my Lurcher, and if one was a bitch i was interested, he said both were bitches, so i said put me down for one, he said there were no papers with the dogs, no price was mentiond at this point,the pups were coming from a lad from Angelsea veer another member from our club who we will call J on the way home from the club i said to the lad that i was giving a lift home to phon J up to find out if these pups are legit, J, SAID YES AND THAT HE HAD THE PAPERS FOR THE DOGS,next day texed G how much for the pup he said 150, i said i will come and see them next night Thursday, went to see the pups in garage not very good light and realy bad smell, thougt the pups had been reard in cow shed that sort of smell, anyway a good bath would sort that out, give him 50 down would pay the rest on Saturday evening when i pick the dog up, got pup took it home placed it in its box with food and water, got up Sundy to see pup not a happy man, it had eye infection, bathed bothe eyes, and bathed, still bad smell, took pup to vets on monday morning, vet not a happy man wanted to know where dog came from to report it to R.S.P.C.A, he said the the dog had bad eye infection also Mange at that point done the three wise Monkeys, cost me £70 vet bill, so far, got to go back next Monday, but dog looks good now with some TLC and medication, but hear is the twist, text G, have you seen J,about papers, reply no, havent been in contact for a while,text back and said thats ok will make contact myself, phoned J,up and said that i was phoning becouse G hadent been intouch with him, J said that he was with G for two hours the day before and that thy had been texting each other all that week, then i asked about the papers for the pup he said he told G that he can have the papers for £20 each that the breeder will send them to him, i said that he said that he had the papers for the pups he denied saying that.So it has cost me 220 so far, plus vets fees for next week, and no papers, what are you thoughts on this one.

2 words; puppy farm... uve been caught, likehood of papers being genuine or for the same pup are unlikely.

Guest hunterside

ive come across people who buy in unregisted borders and add them to there own litters ( the bitch has only had 2 pups so they buy in unreg borders and add them so it makes the litters bigger so they get more coin )

To answer your original question, YES.......a lot of underhanded breeders can register different dogs as the parents to non related pups. I cant think why....

1/ you would still take the pup when you couldnt see it properly

2/ you said the smell was terrible where pup was kept

3/ you couldn't see the parents

4/ you were not clear whether there were papers or not

did you ask how many were in the litter? Did you ask about the parents? were you told it has a pedigree or kc registration or both? you can have the pups DNA checked if you can find the parents, these are the type of puppy sales that absolutely render me speechless when people still buy them :thumbdown:

To answer your original question, YES.......a lot of underhanded breeders can register different dogs as the parents to non related pups. I cant think why....

1/ you would still take the pup when you couldnt see it properly

2/ you said the smell was terrible where pup was kept

3/ you couldn't see the parents

4/ you were not clear whether there were papers or not

did you ask how many were in the litter? Did you ask about the parents? were you told it has a pedigree or kc registration or both? you can have the pups DNA checked if you can find the parents, these are the type of puppy sales that absolutely render me speechless when people still buy them :thumbdown:

Ok, yes very naive of me, but if you cant trust your friends or so called friends who can you trust. fortunately she a cracking little dog quick learner, so i am very happy with her,going back to my original post, if i havent got the papers who has,so if you are using a Border STUD DOG or just purchasing a Border, check the papers becouse the just might be mine, especially in the North Wales area.

if i havent got the papers who has,so if you are using a Border STUD DOG or just purchasing a Border, check the papers becouse the just might be mine,

Mate, they aint born with the papers sticking out of their arse, there hasnt got to be papers, looks like you've been shafted, live and learn