Pre-Ban

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a fast clever dog will allways imo be better than a slow clever one!!!!!

I very rarely seen a dog turn a hare into a slower dog. Usually because the slower dog just couldn't keep close enough to the action. Where 2 dogs were close to one another they got into each others r

Ideation hit the nail on the head when he mentioned teamwork. A couple of dogs that learn to work well together will often develop a pattern of behaviour when on quarrythat uses their respective talen

Hi when runing a pair of dogs pre-ban.Witch one do you think had the better strike rate.The faster dog for making its quarry turn.Or the slitely slower one being there as it did so .Would like to here your opinions.atb. Catcher.:thumbs:

I very rarely seen a dog turn a hare into a slower dog. Usually because the slower dog just couldn't keep close enough to the action. Where 2 dogs were close to one another they got into each others road more times than not. Unless your poaching, I see no point in running doubled up unless its to teach a pup. Just my opinion so to answer your question, I'd have a faster dog doing all the work everytime :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi when runing a pair of dogs pre-ban.Witch one do you think had the better strike rate.The faster dog for making its quarry turn.Or the slitely slower one being there as it did so .Would like to here your opinions.atb. Catcher.:thumbs:

I very rarely seen a dog turn a hare into a slower dog. Usually because the slower dog just couldn't keep close enough to the action. Where 2 dogs were close to one another they got into each others road more times than not. Unless your poaching, I see no point in running doubled up unless its to teach a pup. Just my opinion so to answer your question, I'd have a faster dog doing all the work everytime :thumbs:

Hi bud i did say slitety slower.:thumbs:

The slower one that is waiting just behind for the faster dog to turn it

al second tht mate many a time a had arguements about tht

atb digginmad

I had brother and sister, he would run them and the lazy bitch would pick them up. Run them single though and they would catch roughly the same amount as each other

Hi bud i did say slitety slower.:thumbs:

No problemo :thumbs:

The slower one that is waiting just behind for the faster dog to turn it

al second tht mate many a time a had arguements about tht

atb digginmad

I had brother and sister, he would run them and the lazy bitch would pick them up. Run them single though and they would catch roughly the same amount as each other

Is that not a dominance thing though? She is too scared to lead and he wont let her?

or was it wiser nd not slower :hmm: very hard one this,,,, but a good post :thumbs:

just on rabbits, i was out with a mate bushing, a rabbit got up my deerhound x was on it,,he turned the rabbit straight into my mates smaller bitch, this has happend once or twice, from what i have seen the if the faster dog catches on the run up, its all over, if not and he forces a turn it gives the slower more of a chance to strike,

this has also got a lot to do with my dogs lack of ablity to turn,

or was it wiser nd not slower :hmm: very hard one this,,,, but a good post :thumbs:

Shit now you making think.Will one of a good run pair hold back.:hmm:

just on rabbits, i was out with a mate bushing, a rabbit got up my deerhound x was on it,,he turned the rabbit straight into my mates smaller bitch, this has happend once or twice, from what i have seen the if the faster dog catches on the run up, its all over, if not and he forces a turn it gives the slower more of a chance to strike,

this has also got a lot to do with my dogs lack of ablity to turn,

Is it always the bitch which is second.....dominance :hmm: