My Dogs turning into Micheal Jackson

Guest Ditch_Shitter

How and when did the 'small scar' occur, Fletch? Only, I don't know so I'm only working on educated guess work and a degree of logic here, mate but; Hairs go white, over scars, due to the death of the underlying tissue, don't they?

I'm wondering it it may not just be a bit more skin belatedly giving up the ghost and so starving the skin and any hairs in it of the usual what ever it is that maintanes pigmentation? :unsure:

i did a quick google search for you, the only thing that seems to match is a condition called "Discoid lupus erythematosus". it only affects the nose & face, causes depigmentation of the nose.

did the dog receive get scratched, or did the scar just appear? might be worth a trip to the vets, just in case.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dencyclopedia/delupusdisc.html

Guest peakhound

Don't know about this in dogs, but seen loss of pigment on areas around nose/eyes/muzzle in horses. This can be due to lack of magnesium, and pigmentation has improved with magnesium supplement. Like I said, not sure if this would affect dogs the same, but just a thought!