advice needed

Recently bougth a 2 year old beagle with a touch of russell back through her,very shy and timid when i got her but a bit of time sorted that.i bought the bitch to hunt cover along side my russell she has no problem hunting at all its just shes travelling well to far and am at my wits end now with her ive done recall work with her giving her treats and so on when she comes back,i am fond of the bitch but the hunting on to far is getting to me would anyone with more experince have some needed advice or am i flogging a dead horse so to speak?i dnt know much on her back ground if hunted with pack etc.as i said she hunts fine and a great voice just like to see a bit more of the action and keep her closer.any adive would be great.thanks

well lad, most beagles will hunt on not much you can do as they tend to throw a deaf ear when hunting a line. there better for hunting bigger areas of cover or forestry not suited imo for general ditch work. hope this helps. y.i.s sionnach

Cheers for the reply lad season nearly over now put alot more time into her over the coming months hopefully try steady her up as shes a good little bitch enjoys to hunt,just works on to much no slips for the lurcher

• 2 weeks later...

Bitch not suited for the work i intened her for found out a bit more on her background and was ran with a small pack hence why she is travelling to far,i paid a few euro for her but am willing to give her to a good hunting home,as in previous posts she hunts very well but not suited for the work i do.send us a pm if intrested no peddellers.i know probably should not post in this section.

Bitch not suited for the work i intened her for found out a bit more on her background and was ran with a small pack hence why she is travelling to far,i paid a few euro for her but am willing to give her to a good hunting home,as in previous posts she hunts very well but not suited for the work i do.send us a pm if intrested no peddellers.i know probably should not post in this section.

I know exactly where you're coming from rodge, i've a parson bitch here that does the exact same

she'l come back to you in the yard first time everytime but as soon as she touches grass thats it.... gone til she decides to come back

I know exactly where you're coming from rodge, i've a parson bitch here that does the exact same

she'l come back to you in the yard first time everytime but as soon as she touches grass thats it.... gone til she decides to come back

I know lad i cant even take her and the other dogs for a quick walk she does be gone for ever,cant blame the bitch shes doing what she was bred for just doesnt siut the hunting i do want to get a pup in soon to bring on myself now the seasons over.