what training for 4mth old labrador pup

2wks before christmas my husband bought himself a non-reg chocolate labrador bitch pup (cookie). as every dog we have bar 1, works for its keep, this little bitch has to as well, so far she knows sit, stay, leave and basic lead training (and how to run rings around my husband). she is also learning to retrieve im thinking of teaching her to track, any ideas for what i can use her for (aside from gundog)

and any advice on training her to track?

Gem'..... If your pups taking to the basics then just keep at that. Let the pup be a pup and don't push it. Once it gets to a year old you can start to train it for whatever purpose you need it for.

1. track what ?

2. why ?

does you or your husband doin any deer stalking or such ?

no, he used to help me work the dogs but not much these days,

i'll work the dog as i hate to see it sat about the house getting fat, thinking of useing it to track + mark foxholes,

maybe teach her the same kind of scent tracking work that customs does. just trying to figure out a use for the dog :hmm:

2wks before christmas my husband bought himself a non-reg chocolate labrador bitch pup (cookie). as every dog we have bar 1, works for its keep, this little bitch has to as well, so far she knows sit, stay, leave and basic lead training (and how to run rings around my husband). she is also learning to retrieve im thinking of teaching her to track, any ideas for what i can use her for (aside from gundog)

Teach it to find £20 and £10 notes,at least you might make a few quid. :thumbs:

did have a passing thought of teaching her to find hash at my local pub, im sure one of the lads there has a hidden stash! :laugh:

did have a passing thought of teaching her to find hash at my local pub, im sure one of the lads there has a hidden stash! :laugh:

To teach her to find hash you would need to have some as a training aid,can you see where the problem might be :whistling:

To teach her to find hash you would need to have some as a training aid,can you see where the problem might be :whistling:

NO.....its to find it not f*****g smoke it... :laugh:

:D :D :doh: So we are all clear,for the dog to sniff,not for you to....oh sod it why bother,you know what i mean :rolleyes:

:D :D :doh: So we are all clear,for the dog to sniff,not for you to....oh sod it why bother,you know what i mean :rolleyes:

I see where your going bud............. :laugh:

b

I see where your going bud............. :laugh:

this threads gone to pot! my own fault though :laugh: