Fourtrak owners !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just bought a 95 fourtrak 2.8, the 7 seater version.

It has the automatic locking hubs.

I was just wanting to know the correct proceedure to put it in and out of 4 wheel drive and in low gears, the manual I got with it is very confusing.

Also when I put full lock on and slowly turn it makes a squeaking noise from under the bonnet, does anyone know what this could be and will it cause any further damage if I dont get it sorted, it has recently had a new power steering belt if that could be anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Which transfer box is in it?

I would guess the 4High range is on a dash switch and lowbox is on the floor lever.

Engage 4wd when the truck isn't moving, especially into low box.

If 4 high is on the dash switch the vacuum switches on the transferbox had a habit of going wrong.

To check if the front hubs are working get under the truck and turn the front prop shaft by hand. The hubs should lock in and you won't be able to turn the shaft any more. The hubs unlock when you shift back to 2 wheel drive and reverse a few yards.

The noise on full lock sounds like the power steering belt, easy to adjust with a 14mm spanner and a bar.

Have fun, regards,

Ian.

Edited by Ian292

Thanks for the reply. So basicaly I change everything while it is stopped and then move forward slowly apart from taking it out of 4 wheel drive(to put back into 2 wheel drive I press the button and reverse back a few yards first). Do I have to put it in 4h before i can put it in 4L or can I go from 2h to 4L.

Thanks again.

Avoid all this going backwards and forwards nonsense and get manual hubs fitted i did and have not had any problems since.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/default.asp

Thanks for the replies, everything seems to be fine so no need for the manual hubs.

The power steering still seems to be making a noise but only when I am going slow, I will have to let someone have a look at the belt to see if it can be tightend up