pictures of my rollers

i keep then ,morris hols birds
Old Morris is one of lifes GENTLEMAN.......

VERY TRUE WORDS CAT ,

OLD MORRIS IS A ONE OF THE BEST AND A TRUE GENTLEMAN .......... STILL GETTING UP THEIR IN THE WINNERS EVERY YEAR EVEN THOUGH IN HIS 80s ......

great looking birds mate :thumbs: do you use droppers?atb fd :thumbs:

FD ,

THERES NO NEED FOR DROPPERS ......... YOU CONTROL THE KIT WITH FEED .. TOO MUCH THEY FLY TOO LONG , SO SIMPLY CUT BACK THE AMOUNT OF FEED YOU ARE GIVING GRADUALLY TILL THEY ARE DOING THE TIME YOU REQUIRE ........ FLYING SUCESSFUL ROLLERS IS ALL IN THE FEEDING AND BREEDING

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

i keep then ,morris hols birds
Old Morris is one of lifes GENTLEMAN.......

VERY TRUE WORDS CAT ,

OLD MORRIS IS A ONE OF THE BEST AND A TRUE GENTLEMAN .......... STILL GETTING UP THEIR IN THE WINNERS EVERY YEAR EVEN THOUGH IN HIS 80s ......

great looking birds mate :thumbs: do you use droppers?atb fd :thumbs:

FD , Is it true you have shallow rollers and deep rollers and if u breed

Two deep rollers the roll all the way to the floor ? I found a roller stuck in the canal lock and took it to a local pigeon enthusiast was a buetifull bird really deep colors

THERES NO NEED FOR DROPPERS ......... YOU CONTROL THE KIT WITH FEED .. TOO MUCH THEY FLY TOO LONG , SO SIMPLY CUT BACK THE AMOUNT OF FEED YOU ARE GIVING GRADUALLY TILL THEY ARE DOING THE TIME YOU REQUIRE ........ FLYING SUCESSFUL ROLLERS IS ALL IN THE FEEDING AND BREEDING

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Just a general question.. But what way do you work the fully closed fronts. Ie. Do you leave it open during the day where they are still behind the bars or are the fronts closed over with just the air holes for lighting?

If they are closed over most of the day.. is there a reason behind that?

Wondered that a few times looking at the kit boxes so this time i decided i'd ask! Cheers

Just a general question.. But what way do you work the fully closed fronts. Ie. Do you leave it open during the day where they are still behind the bars or are the fronts closed over with just the air holes for lighting?

Wondered that a few times looking at the kit boxes so this time i decided i'd ask! Cheers

on them kitboxes i think they only get closed at nite mate,but i aint too clued up on rollers so im sure somebody will put me right if im wrong........

wae racing pigeons an pouters some people use a widowhood system which keeps the cock birds in darkness while they in pens, it is done to improve there performance :thumbs:

i keep them closed in day when at work the dark keeps them calm in day so they aint pairing up and flying around in the kit box i just leave main door open when feeding birds so they can see there food and drinker then shut them up after 20 minutes :thumbs:

great looking birds mate :thumbs:

do you use droppers?

atb fd :thumbs:

cheers mate yeah i use droppers just use a white fantail just to attract birds down :thumbs:

As Duckwing has stated......CONTROL the Birds with feeding.

Never used my Fantails as droppers BUT.......they are INVALUABLE as Feeders if you want to get the stock out of your BEST PAIRS.

I used to Pair the Rollers and Fantails (feeders) up on the same day. Once both the Rollers and Fantails had laid.....i would smash the Fantails eggs and Float (transfer) the Roller eggs under the Fantails for them to Hatch and Rear as there own.

The Rollers used to go back down (lay)again roughly 10days later so you got 2 lots of Youngsters with roughly only a 10day age difference :thumbs:

do you use droppers?

cheers mate yeah i use droppers just use a white fantail just to attract birds down :thumbs:

Never used my Fantails as droppers BUT.......they are INVALUABLE as Feeders if you want to get the stock out of your BEST PAIRS.

I used to Pair the Rollers and Fantails (feeders) up on the same day. Once both the Rollers and Fantails had laid.....i would smash the Fantails eggs and Float (transfer) the Roller eggs under the Fantails for them to Hatch and Rear as there own.

The Rollers used to go back down (lay)again roughly 10days later so you got 2 lots of Youngsters with roughly only a 10day age difference :thumbs:

i do the same with 2 pairs of racers

do you use droppers?

i do the same with 2 pairs of racers

A Mate of mine used Racers one year as Feeders......lost quite a few Squabs.

The odd Pair that did rear the youngsters ok done a cracking job.....youngsters crops were always full......Never had a problem with the Fantails and i had a Cock who would feed ANYTHING......he was worth his own weight in Gold :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...