goshawk

hunterswife!

not sure if this is the right place to post this as im new to this but i am looking for a goshawk fresh from the aviary if possible but not sure where to start looking or what one to get as i think there are a few different ones, and does anyone know the pricing of such bird many thanks

you should know there is no fresh out of the aviary birds at this time of year.

have ya flown a bird of prey before?

if not then ud advise get reading and if you can get out with someone who fly,s to gt some experience before ya decide on getting a bird.

with different ones then yes there are big and small ones lol but all will take what a gos should take.

Guest bullterrier

wrong time of year,and if this is your first bird i wouldnt take on a gos hawk bud,id get a bit of experience maybe fly a harris for a few years to get used to the sport

am getting a Harris hawk this year but i would like to see more people who want to get a gos do there home work and get some experience with them then get a gos if that what they want instead of getting a Harris hawk for a season or two and then getting past on and then the Harris getting past from pillar to post have been going out abit with Harris hawks lately but that's the bird i personally want i just think its a shame for the Harris hawk ..:thumbs: ..john

mate my harris hawk is 12 years old now ,and ive got a goshawk im not saying get rid of the harris i still fly bothe birds at different times,i just dont think a gos hawk is a begginers bird,but i wish the chap good luck in what he does

Guest bullterrier

mate my harris hawk is 12 years old now ,and ive got a goshawk im not saying get rid of the harris i still fly bothe birds at different times,i just dont think a gos hawk is a begginers bird,but i wish the chap good luck in what he does

wasent having ago at you mate its just that what to many people seem to do theses days ..:thumbs: ..john

oh it wasnt for me it was for my partner he has a harris hawk but wanted a goshawk to so thought id try to get it but guess i missed the boat! sorry should of said at first! so when would be the best time to get one and what one? or where would i find a young one? thanks

its all down to what he wants realy dose he want a bird that is imprinted or perant reared a bird that will take all game hears included

male or female

doe he want

a german finnish a white goss a russin a pure finnish a german ect were in the country are you

atb wayne

id say better of wid a harris not a goss.. i started with a harris and still struggled abit at first but harris hawks are more forgiving when you make mistakes which will happen from time to time its all in the learning Gosses can be very tempremental i know many that have f.ked of when they feel frustrated or get very twitchy.. iv flown harris and lanner falcons but alway went back to the harris there brilliant. hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...