First try with NV !!!

Went out for 15mins tonight with a friend to see how his Starlight Archer NV 'worked'

He has this on his CZ452 Varmint 17HMR [16" barrel.]

Wasnt a good night to try really raining windy and not really that dark at 8pm!

Although it has a few 'dots' on it the overall picture through it was quite good.

We scanned a couple of grass fields to see what was about finally spotting one at approx 100yds. (judged by knowledge of the field!)

With the IR lazer on the eyes shone up nicely so I was invited to have a go, who was I to refuse?

Put the x hair between the nose and eye to allow for the side wind and squeezed the trigger.

Over it went I was quite impressed myself as, apart from 3 rounds at a paper target, it was my first 'live' shot with the gun!

Went and picked it up and paced back to the fence post I had used as a rest ........................... 100 good paces!!!! Well chuffed

Get saving those pennys a costly do this nv jobby :blink:

Quite agree mate I would have to be doing an awful lot of shooting to lash out the £1600 + for one!!!

[thats 1600 rabbits to pay for it]

Not a bad bit of kit tho cos it just fixes to the rear of scope.

Also allows you to use the normal facilities of the scope as well as in mag etc

You do need to push the scope forward a lot and its a bugger for eye relief when you take it off !

I recon you would need a dedicated rifle for using it on to save faffing about but then which rifle which calibre!!!

Ye i know what you mean i went down the add-on route then went dedicated and add-on :thumbs:

P.s you can get a good add-on with dsa for £300 now that ain't bad and out to hmr ranges

Sounds a bargain mate where does it come from and does it work in conjunction with the original scope you add it to?