Wild Wind, New land

SeanTheHawker

Well rolf weighed in perfect this morning, so in the car,collected a mate and then headed to a farm i hadnt hunted in a bit. we knew it was going to be windy, and this farm had some thick hedges, i knew if they bolted the right side, rolf would get a fair chance at them. so finally arrived, got out of the car, even opening the bloody door was difficult. it wasnt windy, it was a bloody gale! at least at this farm, and my nearest woodland farm was a further 30 miles away, i was thinking about it, but thought of a few hills that i knew held a few rabbits, and if the wind was the right way, we may actually manage a flight or two. so we headed for the hills, got out, and the wind wasnt too bad, with a little rain, so went to the nearest house to ask for permission, altho it was 10:30 in the morning, the farmer was a very nice fella and told us it wasnt a problem, he infact told us of another place to try that was hevin with them, but they would be for another day. parked the car up and headed into the fields, at the bottom of the field was a few thrushes, so we walked through them hoping to put up a rabbit, rolf soon bated, so i let him go thinking he seen a rabbit moving through, but no, he had just be hit by the wind in his back and must have lost balance, so he flew like a bloody kite a good half a mile away and we got him down from a tree, with a mob of crows around. after that we were certain that it was gonna be a single kill feed up nomatter what. so we headed up to the hill and there was a bush of winds, was little bit sheleted and we thought there might be a set or two, as we walked down, a rabbit got up, and rolf soon followed, the both went down the hill and went behind a wind bush, the rabbit appeared again, and so did rolf, striking it in the backside and being bounced into cover, when we got to him, he had actaully managed to get 2 feet to the head, and achored himself in a few stones in a stream! well, we werent going to go back on it, and we feed rolf up. didnt put the ferret down a single hole lol, so it leaves it open to hunt tomorrow possibly.

jan01.jpg

jan02.jpg

jan03.jpg

jan04.jpg

jan05.jpg

jan06.jpg

jan07.jpg

jan08.jpg

jan05.jpg

jan06.jpg

jan07.jpg

jan08.jpg

Guest bald eagle1
got them from a place that makes life boats, fairly expensive, but the security man slipped me a few for a fiver lol. dont buy the crappy ones you see in a bike shop either mate, there useless, do you know anyone in the police, as there reflective stuff is quite good too?

nice pics and the land looks good too.nice to see a content bird with a crop buster after doing their job