A good result

I finally got off my back side last night and took the dog pup out for his 1st time on the lamp just us 2.He has been out a couple of times with others and i've taken him shooting and ferreting so i know his capabilities, ( at this point in time anyway ).

He had a couple of runs which seemed to warm him up, then a nice squatter about 50 yards out :) Slipped him and away he went, he turned the rabbit a few times, struck and missed :wallbash: Oh well on to the next one, or so i thought. He carried on looking and the bunny must of just bushed itself in the hedgerow, popped back out and ran toward me :blink: I watched as it got close, then it turned back into the field, game over :thumbs: I was over the moon :toast: a couple of other runs which were close, but not close enough. Then another bunny with no where to go apart from the big patches of bushes, in the bag he went :thumbs: I had another look and 1 more was still out :blink: We walked up, the dog slipped and the chase was on :yes: he had a good run on it, round they went, round a couple of small patches, then straight at me :blink: The rabbit turned about 30 yards from me toward a big patch of thorny stuff, as it entered the shrubbery the dog snapped his mouth shut :hmm: As he pulled his head out along with it came a mouth full of fur !! We walked another 10 mins and had another look, 1 squatted by a tree trunk with a good 100 yards to safety, not a chance, now 3 in the bag :boogie:

All in all a great night out, and i'm off out again tonight with the other pup, fingers crossed for something near to last night's action :thumbs:

Also thought i'd take a pic of one of the bunny's caught, check out his ear ??

FerretingJan145.jpg

FerretingJan126-1.jpg

FerretingJan147.jpg

A pic of my bitch i'm out with tonight

FerretingJan146.jpg

Nice one mate, we did ok the same night. Three out of five slips and could have run more but Tyla tore a dew claw so left it at that. Tried that LED torch i told you about last night too, half hours mooch and one in the bag for Parker. I reckon im going to have quite alot of fun with that torch!

Also thought i'd take a pic of one of the bunny's caught, check out his ear ??

the rabbit most likely lost part of its eas when it was young, rabbits tear easily when young almost like shredding paper :thumbs:

Edited by bull101

Went out with the bitch pup thurs night and had another result :boogie: The wind was up, no cloud but thought sod it not going to catch anything sitting indoors. I rang the brother in law as he fancied coming out, picked him up and out we went. The pup had a couple of half runs, nothing to speak of but saw alot more rabbits out than the previous night :good: . We got to the barbed wire fence and i said to the bro in law be carefull as it's slippy all round there. With that i slipped, put my hand out infront of me and cut my hand in 3 places :icon_redface::wallbash: No stitches needed just my pride so on we trudged. walked a while then found a really nice squatter, slipped the dog, 1 bunny in the bag :clapper: We walked up the hill toward our turn around point and flicked the lamp on again, another squatter :D Slipped the dog through the fence and away she went, the bunny jumped up and looked as if it had a rocket up it's arse :11: The pup put in 2 turns then the bunny came straight for us, i shook the lamp and it turned to our right about 10ft infront of us. I carried on shaking the lamp hopeing to turn it away from the fence then a second or so later DONG, the rabbit ran straight into the fence post :lol::lol: We felt it let alone the rabbit, the barbed wire even shook :D . After gaining out compsure back we got the rabbit from the dog and carried on. A few mins later another squatter :shok: The dog was slipped and away they went, the dog put a few turns into it before the rabbit went straight under the barbed wire into the brambles than run long the fence line. The dog followed into the brambles which i would normally not be happy about but these brambles are about 4ft wide with the field we're in 1 side and a track the other. The dog ran the rabbit about 20 -25 yards up the brambles then the rabbit came back into the field, dog hot on it's heals ;) A quick run and a turn in the field, bunny 3 in the bag :clapper: She had another 2 slips after that but missed them,1 of the rabbits nearly ran into the bro in law Boy did he jump when it was within 3ft of him :lol: All in all another great night for us. 2 dogs, 6 bunny's in 3 nights ;)

Edited by blackstaff