Railways

Hi there i noticed some people were talking about railways before. Well near my house and on some permission i have there is an old railway that has not been used since the war and the only thing that remains is the old station house. Only a few people walk it and it is alive with rabbits.

I have never put a ferret down due to the fact i am scraed lol. I know that sounds silly but could somebody tell me their views as i just think if it makes a kill and stays down there, then the diggin will be almost impossible with all the old stone ect that was used to build the railway. Should i just go for it or stay away?

Thanks

It's alll down to you mate if you ain't confident with it best leave it alone,ain't worh the risk if you don't fancy the digging if you get a lay up,maybe get a few other lads to give you hand do the set togethor,will make it easier fir ya if you ain't to sure on doing it yourself.

All the old railways where handed back to the farmers whos land they where on to save the railway's the bother of insurance etc so it might belong to someone ,but give it a go any way

All the old railways where handed back to the farmers whos land they where on to save the railway's the bother of insurance etc so it might belong to someone ,but give it a go any way

yea mate i have permission on his land but never bothered to ferret the railway he has

yea mate i have permission on his land but never bothered to ferret the railway he has

give it a go mate might be a little goldmine if it looks untouched and not many people get over there.

Get up early, preferably go out with a mate who likes to do a bit of terrier work and is handy round a spade, feed the ferrets well, collar up tight, take a couple of proper shovels, couple of bars, be quiet and cross your fingers :thumbs:

I some times get to ferret a motorway bank with a mate, the bank is at the end of his garden and I always take my grafting spade and fill the ferrets up with a good feed prior to going out,

You gotta be in it to win it mate! Give it a go

Railway embankments are hard going especially bramble filled ones with gorse and loads of undergrowth, be careful that you are Not on a NETWORK RAIL owned site,as they will prosecute and have there own POLICE,transport police who would just go all the way to the courts.

I have had a few lucky escapes in the past before NETWORK RAIL took over from British Rail