NOT WORKING

DEE

Way too young, they are as others mention just kits fooling around at that age. I have one which is 4 months old but wont take her out now until next season, so we are looking at 12 months old, and only then will it be with older experienced jills so the younger ones can follow them down and around.

ATB

thanks alot i think to be sure ill leave them for a good few months befor i take them out again . wait till ther at least 8 month or so or would you say longer ??

thanks DEE

nothing wrong with taking it out and letting it run through small burrows 4 and 5 holers just dont expect too much from it as it will probably run past rabbits untill its older and twigs on to what it has to do

but expect some carry on from it and just treat it as experience for it and dont be put off when it doesnt bolt them right away i always have yoyng ferrets out from 11/12 weeks onwards in my pocket in the box running through burrows and generally associating them with everything that they are kept for and then by the time thier second season comes they know whats expected of them :thumbs:

like i say theyve only been out probs 5 o 6 times and for the first 2 we dint even net up jus let them see whts goin off and the rest have only been on 3 and 4 holers but now with the advice given ther stayn on the garden for now like every one say i wouldnt want one to get a kick n not want to work again .

thanks alot DEE

There 12 week old kitts FFS what do you expect,

Dont try them again till next season,

ive read some shit on this site but your comment confused the f*&k out of me.

why ashoulnt he work them till next season ?

why not try them again a month or 2 later,or better still send them in with an experienced ferret

i started mine at about 16 weeks or so, sure they dont bolt as many but with an experienced ferret they soon learn & if you got them to work why sit them in a hutch for twelve months doing nowt, next you will be telling him to feed on bread & milk as feeding them meat makes them vicous........ps Happy New Year

thanks for all the comments , i said to my mate i think there still abit to young but hes had ferrets along time n said they would be up to it so i wasnt sure ??

wb DEE

I think your right in what you said to your mate some times it dont matter how long some one has been at something it dont mean you know it all and some lads never learn anything no matter how long they been at it

3 months old your having a laugh :icon_eek: think you should of done a bit of research before even getting ferrets :icon_redface:

Eh the fella has gone to the effort to find out. Aye it would have been ideal to know beforehand but he knows now whereas there are plenty of idiots who would have condemned the wee kits as bad workers and chapped them on the head.