ledray gl2 light prob

geoff75

Iv had a problem like this with a similar torch, try dismantleing it then re assemble, it worked for me so worth a try. Also when you do this check for any damp that may have got in and dry out if so.

Worth a go! (If you havent already done it that is)

.atb. .ste.

hi buddy

check what volt battery you need,i have experienced that a 3.7 volt will shut my lamp off after a while,but when i use 3.volt its ok.also if it keeps going out it may be your batteries need recharging ,or replacing.this also happens with mine,its the lamps way of telling you.

you have to replace the battery's,as they have a cut off built in to them :thumbs:

hope this helps

regards

davy

Glad to hear it got replaced but...I was using the exact same till recently.

When i first bought it, the On/off switch cap wasnt too clever,and then just stopped working completely after a couple of uses (not many). I thought fine, Its only the pressure switch ill be using anyway.

The pressure switch worked great for me, no problems at all like the previous Smk Ledray i had bought, dodgy wiring i think. I got that swapped for the GL2.

But, I went to use it few nights ago, and it wouldnt come on unless i wiggled the wire around a bit. I only got it on for a couple of secs then the wiggling wouldnt work. I took apart the pressure switch cap and had a look inside.

There were 2 wires, Red and black if remember right. They were tangled around each other. It seems that when i had been screwing the cap on and off to get batteries out etc, the cables were spinning round inside also, and eventually its just snapped them off of the bit they were melted on to.

I think maybe if you take care to spin the cable round on the outside while screwing the cap on it might not twist them on the inside. Maybe not, maybe its just a fault, as ive never really had the cable get tangled on the outside.

But on the brightness side its brilliant for the size of it. Just a bit dim with the red filter on i found.

Just waiting on my new Ultrafire cree torch coming from Hong Kong. £20 ish pound compared to the £60ish i paid for the Deben GL2 and chager.

thanks for the advice mate, £20 sounds a real bargain never tried with a red filter yet

No problem

http://cgi.ebay.com/UltraFire-CREE-300Lumens-Tactical-Flashlight-Set-/180598273567?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2a0c7ef61f

Thats the one if your unlucky and need a new one :whistling:

No charger with it, but theres another with charger for about same price i think.

Just got email that its been dispatched today, 15 working days it reckons. Was hoping to have it bit sooner for over the holidays but oh well :doh: