Ferreting today

I went out today and i think i broke just about every rule going and still had a good day .

my son took a couple of jills in a poachers box a spade and i took eight nets and the mutts ,just walking about seeing what holes where getting used and ferreting them ,with seven to eight inches of snow and a frost on top we couldn't get the pegs in so we just angled them into the snow away from the holes and we certainly made enough noise crunching about the burrows to waken the dead but the rabbits flew out , then we hit a dig it read eight foot on the locator so we took the snow off and started to dig and it had moved to five foot then the jill showed at a hole so we picked her up and gave the rabbit best for today.

Im thinking of going back earlier tommorrow and removing that rabbit then finishing up the rest of the ground?.

Edited by The one

iv got a snowy days ferreting coming up tomorrow on a new permission (was asked by neighbouring farm last sunday) we promised to come on Sunday (tomorrow) so got to make a good impression and still turn up even if its snowy. how many did you end up with? was it same as if it wasn't snowing or where they reluctant to bolt with snow on the ground? never ferreted in snow before :hmm:

cheers tomb.