DAVID PLATTS LURCHERS ?

HAVE YOU NOT TRIED BEDDIE CROSSES,

had a good little bitch once didnt like charlie one bit and cant see them being the tool for a fallow buck.

According to some on here they are..check out some previous threads,

iv got dogs for hare and rabbit. I dont like bull crosses and was wondering has any one worked D.P d hound lurchers at fallow and fox ? would i be better going for the half breed or 3/4 greyhound for this? as i say i dont need them to catch rabbits.

thanks

I think one of Dave's dogs would be ideal for what you want. I've seen a number do a good job with larger quarry, why not give hime a ring?

iv got dogs for hare and rabbit. I dont like bull crosses and was wondering has any one worked D.P d hound lurchers at fallow and fox ? would i be better going for the half breed or 3/4 greyhound for this? as i say i dont need them to catch rabbits.

thanks

I think one of Dave's dogs would be ideal for what you want. I've seen a number do a good job with larger quarry, why not give hime a ring?

I reckon i will. what kind of money does he ask?

HAVE YOU NOT TRIED BEDDIE CROSSES,

had a good little bitch once didnt like charlie one bit and cant see them being the tool for a fallow buck.

Yes mate your right, bigger quarry if being taken reqularly may need something a bit bigger, give Dave a ring, at least hes not using SHOW deerhounds, when you see the likes of the rubbish that patrols around the show rings nowerdays, far tooooooooooooooooooooooo big imo, and have had their hunting instinct bred out of them by the show click, who in their right minds would want to use these in usefull hunting hybrid propagation..too big, too clumsy, too un-healthy and in some cases, maybe too much wolfhound been sneaked into them to meet the modern show scene demands.

http://www.dogsincanada.com/the-true-highland-greyhound-the-ancient-scottish-deerhound

Edited by Romany

would look elsewere

plenty of lads breed to keep a pup not make money/names etc

he as had some good dogs before, but what he keeps now dont think he works them. So as above go to working parents, that doing it (now) not what they did 15 years ago.??

who keeps good deerhound cross lurchers then? what i quite like the idea of would be a deer grey x beardie grey. id like it breed that way using two genuine first crosses. should still be big enougth any one whos run this cross id love to hear.

tthanks

the lad above your post :thumbs: and if u p.m him hes got a deerhound x pup for sale and its a cracker

he keeping now

he rang me yesterday and said it has to go

spoke 2 him last night ,his going 2 bear with it ,a think he,d rather deal with the problem then pass it about

would look elsewere

he as had some good dogs before, but what he keeps now dont think he works them. So as above go to working parents, that doing it (now) not what they did 15 years ago.??

who keeps good deerhound cross lurchers then? what i quite like the idea of would be a deer grey x beardie grey. id like it breed that way using two genuine first crosses. should still be big enougth any one whos run this cross id love to hear.

tthanks

the lad above your post :thumbs: and if u p.m him hes got a deerhound x pup for sale and its a cracker

he keeping now

he rang me yesterday and said it has to go

spoke 2 him last night ,his going 2 bear with it ,a think he,d rather deal with the problem then pass it about

he can keep his problems iv got enougth myself! :laugh:

would look elsewere

tthanks

i bred a litter of these last year, a young girl on here runnin a bitch out of them and it doin well at 12 months, theres some pics on another thread bout deerhound grey x collie grey. to be fair the bitch i had was a half cross deerhound grey and only stood around 24" and was the best dog i ever had on everything. she was out of slacks line in scarboro.

bloody hell fella your not shy about telling people what ya do???hope ya get what your looking for......d. :blink:

BIT MORE INFO THAN WAS NEEDED IN YOUR QUESTION THERE. MANY DOGS CAN TAKE SUCH QUARRY/ ITS GETTING A DOG TAKING IT CLEANLY WITH MINIMUM OF FUSS THAT PROVES.:thumbs: HARDER ALLOWING U 2 MAKE A CLEAN KILL & LESS DAMAGE 2 THE MEAT. OBVIOUSLY IM TALKING OF DAYS LONG AGO HERE.
  • Like 1