my first forty+ mirror carp

Forty plus mirror caught around staines earlier this year.just found the picture on my phone so thought id get it on here.post-15693-0-04999500-1292259870_thumb.jpg

a good old english forty mate,well done,better to see that than one of the many that are caught in france day in day out :thumbs:

yeah iv done the france trips and it just aint the same feeling.

Took me just under two years to get this one out but well worth the effort.

Forty plus mirror caught around staines earlier this year.just found the picture on my phone so thought id get it on here.post-15693-0-04999500-1292259870_thumb.jpg

a good old english forty mate,well done,better to see that than one of the many that are caught in france day in day out :thumbs:

Feck me your reels must hold some line...Jokes. Nice one lad,Had my first 30 this year,a common at 34.8,well good feeling.

i know what you mean mate,iv had a long running bet with a mate that puts in serious hours on the bank although most of the venues leave a lot to be desired in truth,he has only just won his full english cooked breakfast payed for by me :D on the strenth of an english thirty caught about month ago :thumbs:

Feck me your reels must hold some line...Jokes. Nice one lad,Had my first 30 this year,a common at 34.8,well good feeling.

is that the one on ur avatar,if it is its a good looking fish,gets the old knees knocking a bit dont it if you get a look at them before there in the net.

Yeah thats the one fella. Fooking long time coming mate I can tell you. 1st time on the venue this year,1st cast-after waiting for the alarms I forgot,and bang! biggest in the lake,love it. Tight lines mate,just waiting for the thaw meself. Edited to say~ i didnt see it mate,I thought it was a twenty and cranked it in,wish I`d taken longer but then you run the risk of it dropping off(barbless)

Edited by bobcullen79

Yeah thats the one fella. Fooking long time coming mate I can tell you. 1st time on the venue this year,1st cast-after waiting for the alarms I forgot,and bang! biggest in the lake,love it. Tight lines mate,just waiting for the thaw meself. Edited to say~ i didnt see it mate,I thought it was a twenty and cranked it in,wish I`d taken longer but then you run the risk of it dropping off(barbless)

my bullet hole would of been pounding if i had that on barbless,mine was micro barb but still makes a big differance.

I bet they love you on that lake getting her in first chuck.

we might be waiting for a while for the thaw the met office reckons another batch of freezing whether i think.

any way good luck when it does thaw mate.

tight lines.

Edited by jmilam08

great fish mate,found the pic on your phone id of had it in AT the next week :toast:.

Dont do much carping myself ,fish for barbel mainly but a british forty is a fantastic fish Well done.

Bobcullen that common is also a belter !!!! my favorite of the carp species,apart from crucians mind :icon_redface:

matt