new member with new pup.

just wanted to update my first thread i made on here.

still have the pup he must be around 12 months old now. still alittle shy and quiet but much more responsive to me. showed him his first bunny yesterday, well he saw maybe 30 or more lol and got very excited chasing them around. never caught one as they all sit within safe distance of the warrens, 2 hops and there gone and they can see you coming a field away. but atleast he is now showing a great deal of intrest in them.

so i think its now time to start abit of training! this will be the dog im bringing on for this winter. at the moment my missus has been playing with him doing some retrieving in the house and thats about it. well apart from the normal sit, stay, come back what every dog knows.

post-53506-0-87062100-1309357438_thumb.jpg

i have 3 other dogs he is with but they are pure pets, 2 EBT and a staffyxamerican bull dog.

sadly i dont know anyone with working dogs who i could take my pup out with, well anyone who ide want to go out with anyway.

he has taken to one of my partners frog cuddly toys and he has actually brought it to me a couple of times when we have been playing in the house today. just need him to get the idea thats what im wanting him todo.

well done for giving him a home :thumbs: , but got to say mate, you knew he was nervous and bit timid when you got him. As youve got other dogs, you would know about temps in pups. A dog is dog no matter what breed or x it is.? I just (carnt) understand when people by pups with nervous temps, when a pup with a more (bold) temp would be alot easier to bond with+ bring up . Ok somebody as got have there pups, but why choose one if you could get one with a better temp. Ive had lurchers 25 years, and all differnt temps have come along in that time. But i know now that if i got new pup which i have, he is full of him self, loves people, dogs, ok with traffic. And that what you want pup to be, not scared of its own shadow. hope it works out, but why make it hard,? nice looking pup. :thumbs:

Tod

tod2.jpg

its just the thing im going to have to cope with. he was there and needed a home. i was starting to think about bring a dog into my hunting so just decided to give him a home and try to bring him on the best i can.

i know i should of bough a dog what was more sutable but sadly it just dident happen that way. better he be with me then go to someone who might not take the time to bring him out of his shell.

thank you for your reply though mate and to everyone else who has taken the time to comment.

Good reply mate,and god luck with him.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: