molly's first lamped rabbit

was out with blue one of here and his 2 dogs lamping tonight, his 2 had 9 out of 11 in really wet conditions, but the highlight of the night for me was on the way back to the van we had a look into a small field and seen a few rabbits out from the hedge, squeezing through the fence with molly my 7mth old pup, i walked her out and flicked on the lamp, rabbit was sitting about 30yrds away, keeping the lamp on the rabbit i walked molly up to within 15yrds then the rabbit started making it's way towards the hedge, with molly straining on the slip, i let her go, she ran the rabbit up to the hedge then turning right she made up the 5 or 6yrds catching it well, but then as she has done a few times before while out ferreting, tried to get a better hold on the rabbit, loosening her grip giving the rabbit time to make a getaway into the hedge(she did follow into the hedge for the 1st time) so she is learning. Flicking the lamp on again i could see a squatter 25yrds out, again i kept the lamp on, walking molly up to within 15ft then the rabbit was up and making for the hedge, slipping her again, she made up the ground and turning the rabbit right along the hedge she caught it well, but unlike before there was no way she was letting go this time, well i was delighted with her catching the rabbit and keeping hold , she has definetly learned alot watching blue ones 2 dogs as have i , and lets hope this is the first of many as i have put alot of work into her, still buzzing, cheers......john:thumbs: