Two more foxes!!

Headed down to the chicken farm tonight to have a good mooch about as last week I could only get out one night and it feckin well rained no sooner than I had got out:wallbash: .

Anyway apart from the full moon the weather albeit damn cold (it went down to -4C) it was a dry night. I had headed up to one of the fields where I normally find foxes going about but nothing not even with the u-caller on. So I put down some bait for the foxes and moved off to a different part of the farm.

I scanned the fields with the lamp but nothing was about so I just tried doing a rabbit call with my mouth and scanned the area with my NV and after a few moments I spotted a fox coming across the brow of the hill in the field about 170 yards out. Not surprisingly because I was most likely sillouetted by the moonlight it stopped away out and was reluctant to come any further but I let the 22-250 do the persuading and it dropped no bother, this was the Vixen.

I had taken that shot leaning over the bonnet from the drivers side and because I couldn't see to my immediate left and whenI stepped to my right and scanned the field about 30 yards to the left was another fox that must have been coming in when I had shot the vixen but I never saw it on the blind side of the car:icon_redface: . Quickly I chambered another round and was back on the bonnet and luckily the fox had ran out to 80yards and then stopped and turned around at which point I dropped it with a nice round right through its chest. This turned out to be a dog fox:

post-19182-084369700 1287965797_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave1372

We ended up with 2 last night Dave, both at toms, 1 before the barn and 1 after it, couldnt find the 2nd one as it must ave darted into the reeds at the pond, but going to take the dog up on tuesday he will find it, cant show the picture of the 1st one as its on my phone, will send it to you and maybe you can load it up.

cheers Jimmy

Nice to see the pair having a wee cuddle before they go to the big chicken farm in the sky :victory:

do u get alot of fox of this ground every year r is this just a good year?

I have taken 22 off this chicken farm so far this year which is more than last year. They just keep on coming.:gunsmilie: . How are you doing?