Feeding your dogs the natural way.

Guest rothbury ratter

i feed a good quality biscuit, kangaroo meat, sheep offcuts, feral goat, rabbit

they get the meat rotated depending on what i have at the time, mostly however it is either roo meat or sheep flap, i find sheep flap helps them put on weight

roo meat will get them looking really good.

all u's have to do is import a couple hundred roos to the UK and u'll be sweet :11:

I always feed my dogs (and ferrets, snakes and lizards) a natural diet. I'm sure this came up in another thread recently? LOL

Anyroad, they get fresh whole fish (sardines, mackerel etc) with guts and all, rabbits, squirrels, feather, stillborn lambs/pigs/calves, raw meaty bones like chicken wings, necks, whole chickens (three large oven ready hens with giblets for a fiver), rib racks with meat... and so on and so forth. They really like pigs' feet (including trotters and skin) and pig skin too.

My local butcher gives me a bin bag full of chicken frames (with meat and organs), rib racks, backs, necks, etc etc for a quid a bag - good stuff :D

They all get plenty of green tripe as well, it's a brilliant feed imho. Just redoing my site with some raw food info if anyone's interested - nowhere near done yet but there's something to read if you're bored LOL Click Here

Cheers,

Lee

Guest HAWKEYE
:big_boss: How did our foe fathers feed their dogs before tincan processed animal waste.

And how do foxes,wolves,wildcat open tins in the wild.

Lets get down to basics.

It is not nessecary true what it states on the tin.plus it is to expensive.

SORRY MATE, IT IS 100% TRUE WHAT IS ON THE TIN!

:big_boss: How did our foe fathers feed their dogs before tincan processed animal waste.

Lets get down to basics.

You're almost 100% right there mate - it IS true what's on the tin... tins contain mostly grain (like the label says), contain carcinogenic chemicals, preservatives etc (like the label says) and contain lots of manky by-products (like the label says).

The only bit on the tin that ISNT correct is the part where it says "complete and balanced" :11: :haha:

As one of the bigwigs from one of the world's biggest pet food manufacturers once said... "Give me a used rubber tyre, an old leather shoe and a gallon of oil and I'll pass all animal feed regulations..."

Guest reload

Lets get down to basics.

You're almost 100% right there mate - it IS true what's on the tin... tins contain mostly grain (like the label says), contain carcinogenic chemicals, preservatives etc (like the label says) and contain lots of manky by-products (like the label says).

The only bit on the tin that ISNT correct is the part where it says "complete and balanced" :11: :haha:

As one of the bigwigs from one of the world's biggest pet food manufacturers once said... "Give me a used rubber tyre, an old leather shoe and a gallon of oil and I'll pass all animal feed regulations..."

Dont forget the water content rainmaker, theres plenty in a can :D

There's no harm in worming them.

I can also say my dogs love pigs feet...they last for ages with the bulldogs, well compared to the rest anyway :D

I get black binbags full to the top of crap from the butchers every saturday and often the gear is good enough for me to eat. It costs nowt and all you've got to do is ask.

Guest reload
dont you get tape worm feeding green tripe and raw rabbits im always having to worm my dogs after they eat raw rabbits and tripe

Worm regular :good: To be honest i dont worm that much as i find it scours the dog, worm every three months over the winter as the dogs getting more wild game. You should get no problems from rabbits if its been frozen for 3 weeks.

I just joined a meat cash and carry "oop North" and went in for a mooch yesterday when my membership card arrived. 10KG chicken wings for under a tenner, and 25lbs of whole chicken backs (basically a chicken quarter with plenty of meat, fat, skin etc on the bone) for only £3 a box! :icon_eek::good:

Those backs are excellent, and at £3 for 25lbs we're talking what? *quickly counts on fingers... lol*... That's 12p per pound for great quality human grade meat from a butchers' :D

I went to speak to the head butcher (it's a big warehouse cash and carry jobby) and wondered how to approach him about what raw feeding's all about. I needn't have worried, as soon as I mentioned I had a small bobbery pack he went "Ahhh you'll be wanting boxes of chicken backs with plenty of meat on them eh?"

Apparently, I'm not their first raw feeding customer - my dogs now share a supplier with Schmichael from Corrie :11: They crate over 100s of lbs of backs for him apparently - always said that dog looked fit for a Dane :yes:

Anyroad, just rambling about me good luck LOL Off to Tabley Hall show now.

Cheers,

Lee