whats the problem...

stick a full liner down your chimney pal wont be cheap but should give you better draw

Yea already looked at that mate.. Only really to do that when the inside is fecked and leaking fumes and smoke... Plus , like you said, dear as feck..

Not as much as youd think Russ..

Check out that website I posted a link to... I did mine for about £200ish, but I made my own registry plate..

right will do pal, and i'll tell you what, its a bloodi good site that, thanks..

try opening the window if the draw improves the air is not circulating properly and an air brick might be needed in the wall of the room to improve the air flow! as for the chimny hieght if there has been new houses built in the area it can affect the airflow over the chimny i know someone who had houses built round him and the air started to come down his chimny had it made 3-4 ft higher and sortet it out but it would need an expert to check if that was the case its rare but does happen

dont no if anyones tried this,,but..i used to have a little pot bellied on me allotments, would not draw [smokey].. one of the old boys said rod the flue pipe with a wire brush attached..... well i got about a twat full out of it,,thought that wont do any good ..

lit up the stove and could not believe the differance, started drawing to much then :laugh::laugh:

worth a try.............

Got a stovax STOKTON 10 kw myself, biggest thing I found apart from cleaning the chimney before every winter, and after if its been used a lot, is if the wood is not quite dry enough matey you'll get less fire, more smoke and give the impression of not drawing as good. I know this from my own experience as I had a good open fire before and you could put almost any timber on it and if it was a bit wet it would sizzle, but with a stove it needs to be dry, proper dry. Hope it helps mate.

B

Alright mate, all the above sounds right, on mine there was a open and shut grill on the bottom to collect the ash! im sure you have cleaned it and leave it in the open position, the baffle on the top leave that open to, sounds like there isnt enough air being pulled in through the fire itself ie: like above leave the window open give that a go, when we build houses we always make the chiminy 1.2 meters above the ridge or .6 of a meter below? a down draft will cause you big trouble and some work to the chimney will have to be done. my personal opinion is the stailess flue liner is good but wont make a great difference,

this is my game mate,and theres been some great advise posted,iv come across loads of problems over the years all with different causes,the solution will of been suggested by somebody,it can just be a case of trying things until you get an improvement,cutting the pipe wont help tho, good stove by the way,atb jamiew,

Edited by jamiew

Sounds like the chimney is blocked, perhaps jackdaws nest or some other shit up there, wasp nest, or bee comb perhaps?

LOL John, aye, that'll be it mate.... all these guys giving .6m chimeys, open vents, reline chimney, technical jargon, blah de blah...... and you think a craws nested on his chimney lol..... :tongue2: I reckon he'd have checked that before now..... :hmm: I dont know why he needs a woodburner for anyhow, the amount of hot air he talks................. :whistling::tongue2:

f**k off dick... please dont ruin my post, anomous... it just isnt right..