at what age do you start the dogs foxing

hi guys at what age do you start your dogs foxing i have a jack russel cross staff hes about 10 11 months hes just starting to fill out now. dont know if he would be any good but should imagine he would be. i dont really plan on doing anything with foxes i will be using him for ferreting but it would be good if he could make an all rounder.

jack russell x bull. a bit young just yet, tr hold him back till back end of season. if he goes to earth cant see old charlie boy bin any trouble if hes bull in there, atb

id like to give it ago but i dont want the dog haveing any injuries if the dog was happy doing it and was doing it well i wouldnt mind maybe i will give it a go soon by the end of the season i think he will be well grown by then

What work did the parents do bud

dad was the staff hes mine just an house pet nice dog he is small but hes a headcase chase anything that moves and the jack russel i know it done a small amount of work then it was sold on so they havent really done anything but the pup is comeing on well

What work did the parents do bud

dad was the staff hes mine just an house pet nice dog he is small but hes a headcase chase anything that moves and the jack russel i know it done a small amount of work then it was sold on so they havent really done anything but the pup is comeing on well

atb with him mate. :thumbs:

make sure you get a collar and locator mate, dont want any sob storys!

i wouldnt put him in without one mate misses would kill me if i come home without him she would kill me if she knew i put him anywhere near charlie. il let the dog make the decision if he wants to do it

Edited by Texas tom

i wouldnt put him in without one mate misses would kill me if i come home without him she would kill me if she knew i put him anywhere near charlie. il let the dog make the decision if he wants to do it

if your mrs is that bad mate id f**k her off , everytime a dog goes to ground theres a possibility that the dog might not come out again so if its gonna cause to many arguments id advise you to stay clear as ive seen dogs that are out and out bayers get in a mess when been to a fox.

aint as easy as that mate lol she would understand if the dog got into a mess but she wouldnt be happy about it. like i said if hes doing the job right i will keep him doing it but if i think hes not capable i wont bother its the dogs choice i know hes going to get injured what ever i do with him obviously the injuries are going to be worse with a fox. but i wouldnt want to see him getting ripped apart every week and if thats the case i wont do it

if your mrs is that bad mate id f**k her off , everytime a dog goes to ground theres a possibility that the dog might not come out again so if its gonna cause to many arguments id advise you to stay clear as ive seen dogs that are out and out bayers get in a mess when been to a fox.

aint as easy as that mate lol she would understand if the dog got into a mess but she wouldnt be happy about it. like i said if hes doing the job right i will keep him doing it but if i think hes not capable i wont bother its the dogs choice i know hes going to get injured what ever i do with him obviously the injuries are going to be worse with a fox. but i wouldnt want to see him getting ripped apart every week and if thats the case i wont do it

Edited by Texas tom