youngsters.

Due to a topic i have just read,i think its advisable to everyone new to this sport of shooting to first identify the animal/bird in the sights to be in season and the chosen quarry.

on the lamp,a deer laid on long grass could easily be mistaken for a rabbit.

If in doubt,DO NOT take the shot,it WILL be there for another day!!!

all the best ;)

The same applies to a long or moving shot.if you feel you are unable to place the shot in a killing area,DO NOT take it.a miss may well result in a lamp shy animal or a hit will result in a painfull death or life..

As said,leave it,you WILL see it again :thumbs:

Edited by "Earth!"

Agreed, good advice. Although I know the person who wrote the post being referred to had enough experience to know it wasn't a deer.

Rick.

i see a certain post and as there are many youngster and people new to the sport,i thought it wise to start this thread although i doubt it will be ignored :hmm:

why just young people? even the most experience hunters owt there shoulnt take a shot if you dont think you will kill it. i always get lafed at my the older people cos im only 18 and i sometimes make them look like rookies. :whistling:

your not wrong there.ive had a couple of youngsters show me up shooting with my own gun :icon_redface:

one of my sons first time out,8 years old killed more with a 410 than i did with my shotgun roost shooting :icon_eek:

Because its just young shooters that are inexperienced, 90% of inexperienced idiots on here are probably adults and not in the airgun section, no offence but go and cause an arguement in your own section

read what i wrote,i didnt target the youngsters,i too was one once..

you are right,many are more likely to be at an age that should know better.